[BUG] PRECLASS with SPELLCASTER failing?

  • Tom Parker
    Message 1 of 5 , May 28, 2007
      Can someone confirm the following is a problem?

      Template4 <tab> PRECLASS:1,SPELLCASTER.ARCANE=3 <tab> ...

      Should be able to be taken by a PC that is Wizard=1,Sorcerer=2

      correct?

      This currently fails (Trunk & 5.12)
    • Barak
      Message 2 of 5 , May 28, 2007
        Nope... he needs to have three levels in one class, not three across a
        bunch.

        Barak

        Can someone confirm the following is a problem?

        Template4 <tab> PRECLASS:1,SPELLCASTER.ARCANE=3 <tab> ...

        Should be able to be taken by a PC that is Wizard=1,Sorcerer=2

        correct?

        This currently fails (Trunk & 5.12)

        Checked by AVG Free Edition.
        11:40 AM

      • Tom Parker
        Message 3 of 5 , May 28, 2007
          --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, "Barak" <barak@...> wrote:

          > Nope... he needs to have three levels in one class, not three across a
          > bunch.

          Okay, so one would expect:

          PRECLASS:1,ANY=5

          To require a single class to be level 5?
        • Barak
          Message 4 of 5 , May 28, 2007
            Yes, that is what I would expect. Any character class that you have at
            least five levels in would allow you to pass that prereq.

            Note the �character� in the above sentence. I do no believe that any
            monster classes (as we use them) should be counted to meet those kind of
            PRExxx tags. And no, I have no idea how PCGen behaves in regard to the
            monster classes and a PRECLASS:1,ANY=# tag. :p

            Barak

            --- In HYPERLINK "mailto:pcgen%40yahoogroups.com"pcgen@yahoogroups.com,
            "Barak" <barak@...> wrote:

            > Nope... he needs to have three levels in one class, not three across a
            > bunch.

            Okay, so one would expect:

            PRECLASS:1,ANY=5

            To require a single class to be level 5?

            Checked by AVG Free Edition.
            11:40 AM

          • Tir Gwaith
            Message 5 of 5 , May 31, 2007
              On 5/28/07, Barak <barak@...> wrote:
              > Yes, that is what I would expect. Any character class that you have at
              > least five levels in would allow you to pass that prereq.

              I'd expect it to be any class the character has 5 levels in, Monster,
              Prestige, or whatnot. Even if there is no TYPE defined (and so no
              CLASSTYPE defined for it).

              > Note the "character" in the above sentence. I do no believe that any
              > monster classes (as we use them) should be counted to meet those kind of
              > PRExxx tags. And no, I have no idea how PCGen behaves in regard to the
              > monster classes and a PRECLASS:1,ANY=# tag. :p

              If you want that, then it should be:
              PRECLASS:1,TYPE.PC=5,TYPE.NPC=5

              PCGen LST Chimp