Wrong price for alchemical silver?

  • allencohn
    Message 1 of 16 , May 25, 2007
      Hi everyone,

      It appears that when I create a greatsword out of alchemical silver
      that PCGen increases the price by 540, instead of 180 as I thought it
      was supposed to be (DM p. 285).

      Am I wrong or is there a bug in the data set?

      Thanks,
      Allen
    • Martijn Verburg
      Message 2 of 16 , May 27, 2007
        I saw that the boards were busy today, bouncing - K

        > Hi everyone,
        >
        > It appears that when I create a greatsword out of alchemical silver
        > that PCGen increases the price by 540, instead of 180 as I thought it
        > was supposed to be (DM p. 285).
        >
        > Am I wrong or is there a bug in the data set?
        >
        > Thanks,
        > Allen

      • Nigel Bennington
        Message 3 of 16 , May 27, 2007
          This one has actually been around at least since 5.10.2, but I only
          spotted it today, and it's still in 5.12.0 RC2

          In srd35/rsrd_equip_basetypes.lst

          Phylactery has TYPE:Headgear when it should have TYPE:Amulet

          Have fun,

          Coromir.
        • Nigel Bennington
          Message 4 of 16 , May 27, 2007
            Doh! - mistyped there - for Phylactery read Periapt in my original
            message...

            Thus...

            This one has actually been around at least since 5.10.2, but I only
            spotted it today, and it's still in 5.12.0 RC2

            In srd35/rsrd_equip_basetypes.lst

            Periapt has TYPE:Periapt when it should have TYPE:Amulet

            Have fun,

            Coromir.
            Message 5 of 16 , May 27, 2007
              [ 1726459 ] Phylactery TYPE is supposed to be Amulet not Headgear

              http://sourceforge.net/tracker/index.php?func=detail&aid=1726459&group_id=25576&atid=750091

              Nigel Bennington wrote:
              > This one has actually been around at least since 5.10.2, but I only
              > spotted it today, and it's still in 5.12.0 RC2
              >
              > In srd35/rsrd_equip_basetypes.lst
              >
              > Phylactery has TYPE:Headgear when it should have TYPE:Amulet
              >
              > Have fun,
              >
              > Coromir.

            • Tir Gwaith
              Message 6 of 16 , May 27, 2007
                On 5/27/07, Nigel Bennington <nigel@...> wrote:
                > Doh! - mistyped there - for Phylactery read Periapt in my original
                > message...

                Heh. I was going to say something.....

                > Thus...
                >

                > This one has actually been around at least since 5.10.2, but I only
                > spotted it today, and it's still in 5.12.0 RC2
                >
                > In srd35/rsrd_equip_basetypes.lst
                >
                > Periapt has TYPE:Periapt when it should have TYPE:Amulet

                Both Periapt and Amulet should use the same slot. Shouldn't effect anything.

                PCGen LST Chimp
              • Tir Gwaith
                Message 7 of 16 , May 27, 2007
                  Thanks for the bounce, Kar.

                  > > It appears that when I create a greatsword out of alchemical silver
                  > > that PCGen increases the price by 540, instead of 180 as I thought it
                  > > was supposed to be (DM p. 285).
                  > >
                  > > Am I wrong or is there a bug in the data set?

                  Data set says 180:

                  BONUS:ITEMCOST|TYPE.Weapon|180|PREWIELD:1,TwoHanded

                  It is coming out to increasing by 540, which is weird. That's like it
                  is getting added 3 times, which doesn't really make sense.

                  Code bug, possibly related to the problem I was noticing with
                  over-sized MW costs (need a resolution there as well).

                  PCGen LST Chimp
                  Message 8 of 16 , May 27, 2007
                    [ 1726702 ] Alchemical Silver cost is coming out wrong

                    http://sourceforge.net/tracker/index.php?func=detail&aid=1726702&group_id=25576&atid=384719

                    Message 9 of 16 , May 28, 2007
                      Managed to mistype again...

                      Periapt currently has TYPE:Headgear, should have TYPE:Amulet

                      Third time lucky :)

                      Tir Gwaith wrote:
                      > On 5/27/07, Nigel Bennington <nigel@...> wrote:
                      >> Doh! - mistyped there - for Phylactery read Periapt in my original
                      >> message...
                      >
                      > Heh. I was going to say something.....
                      >

                      >> Thus...
                      >>

                      >> This one has actually been around at least since 5.10.2, but I only
                      >> spotted it today, and it's still in 5.12.0 RC2
                      >>
                      >> In srd35/rsrd_equip_basetypes.lst
                      >>
                      >> Periapt has TYPE:Periapt when it should have TYPE:Amulet
                      >
                      > Both Periapt and Amulet should use the same slot. Shouldn't effect anything.

                    • James Dempsey
                      Message 10 of 16 , May 28, 2007

                        On 28/05/2007 11:48 AM Tir Gwaith wrote
                        > Thanks for the bounce, Kar.
                        >

                        >>> It appears that when I create a greatsword out of alchemical silver
                        >>> that PCGen increases the price by 540, instead of 180 as I thought it
                        >>> was supposed to be (DM p. 285).
                        >>>
                        >>> Am I wrong or is there a bug in the data set?
                        >>>

                        > Data set says 180:
                        >
                        > BONUS:ITEMCOST|TYPE.Weapon|180|PREWIELD:1,TwoHanded
                        >
                        > It is coming out to increasing by 540, which is weird. That's like it
                        > is getting added 3 times, which doesn't really make sense.

                        I have checked in a fix for that problem, so it will be right in 5.12
                        RC3 and 5.13.0.

                        > Code bug, possibly related to the problem I was noticing with
                        > over-sized MW costs (need a resolution there as well).

                        I'll need a separate bug report for this one please. Ideally the bug
                        should clearly set out the expected behaviour for large (and larger)
                        weapons in respect to masterwork costs as well as material costs such as
                        silver or cold iron. I'd really prefer not to be making the call on
                        costs myself :)

                        James Dempsey
                        PCGen Code SB
                        Message 11 of 16 , May 29, 2007
                          [ 1727317 ] 2nd BUG report James Dempsey requested

                          http://sourceforge.net/tracker/index.php?func=detail&aid=1727317&group_id=25576&atid=384719

                          @JAMES: I'm not exactly sure what I'm trackering here. But here is your
                          requested tracker with email dialog. Feel free to change the name...
                          Cause I'm not sure what to name this...

                          -Andrew
                          TM
                          James Dempsey wrote:
                          > Hi,
                          >
                          > On 28/05/2007 11:48 AM Tir Gwaith wrote
                          >
                          >> Thanks for the bounce, Kar.

                          >> Data set says 180:
                          >>
                          >> BONUS:ITEMCOST|TYPE.Weapon|180|PREWIELD:1,TwoHanded
                          >>
                          >> It is coming out to increasing by 540, which is weird. That's like it
                          >> is getting added 3 times, which doesn't really make sense.
                          >>

                          > I have checked in a fix for that problem, so it will be right in 5.12
                          > RC3 and 5.13.0.
                          >

                          >> Code bug, possibly related to the problem I was noticing with
                          >> over-sized MW costs (need a resolution there as well).
                          >>

                          > I'll need a separate bug report for this one please. Ideally the bug
                          > should clearly set out the expected behaviour for large (and larger)
                          > weapons in respect to masterwork costs as well as material costs such as
                          > silver or cold iron. I'd really prefer not to be making the call on
                          > costs myself :)

                        • James Dempsey
                          Message 12 of 16 , May 29, 2007
                            Hi Andrew,

                            Unfortunately, the main thing I wanted there was the request of what was
                            to be implemented :)

                            Tir, could you add the info to the tracker please?

                            Cheers,
                            James,

                            On 29/05/2007 6:33 PM Andrew Maitland wrote

                            Message 13 of 16 , May 29, 2007
                              Thanks, I don't mind trackering, but I do scratch my head in puzzlement
                              sometimes trying to figure out what people are requesting.

                              I saw that the Tracker has been reassigned to Tir and renamed. Thanks.

                              -Andrew

                              James Dempsey wrote:
                              > Hi Andrew,
                              >
                              > Unfortunately, the main thing I wanted there was the request of what was
                              > to be implemented :)
                              >
                              > Tir, could you add the info to the tracker please?
                              >
                              > Cheers,
                              > James,
                              >
                              > On 29/05/2007 6:33 PM Andrew Maitland wrote
                              >
                              >> [ 1727317 ] 2nd BUG report James Dempsey requested
                              >>
                              >> http://sourceforge.net/tracker/index.php?func=detail&aid=1727317&group_id=25576&atid=384719
                              >>
                              >> @JAMES: I'm not exactly sure what I'm trackering here. But here is your
                              >> requested tracker with email dialog. Feel free to change the name...
                              >> Cause I'm not sure what to name this...
                              >>
                              >> -Andrew
                              >> TM
                              >> James Dempsey wrote:
                              >>

                              >>> Hi,
                              >>>
                              >>> On 28/05/2007 11:48 AM Tir Gwaith wrote

                              >>> I have checked in a fix for that problem, so it will be right in 5.12
                              >>> RC3 and 5.13.0.

                              >>> I'll need a separate bug report for this one please. Ideally the bug
                              >>> should clearly set out the expected behaviour for large (and larger)
                              >>> weapons in respect to masterwork costs as well as material costs such as
                              >>> silver or cold iron. I'd really prefer not to be making the call on
                              >>> costs myself :)

                            • James Dempsey
                              Message 14 of 16 , May 29, 2007
                                Hi Andrew,

                                On 29/05/2007 7:06 PM Andrew Maitland wrote
                                > Thanks, I don't mind trackering, but I do scratch my head in puzzlement
                                > sometimes trying to figure out what people are requesting.

                                Yes I can understand that - sometimes I'm in the same spot, but
                                sometimes I'm the cause :)

                                > I saw that the Tracker has been reassigned to Tir and renamed. Thanks.

                                No problems - thanks for raising it.

                                James Dempsey
                                PCGen Code SB
                              • Martijn Verburg
                                Message 15 of 16 , May 29, 2007
                                  LOL, this is why usually my TMs give up in a screaming heap after a
                                  few weeks on the job, you're doing extremely well to stick it out :)

                                • Eric C. Smith
                                  Message 16 of 16 , May 31, 2007
                                    Hi Nigel!

                                    Nigel wrote:
                                    > Managed to mistype again...
                                    >
                                    > Periapt currently has TYPE:Headgear, should have TYPE:Amulet
                                    >
                                    > Third time lucky :)

                                    Yeah! :-) Figured out what you meant and fixed it! :-)

                                    Maredudd