PCGen 5.12.0 (RC1) Released!

  • Martijn Verburg
    Message 1 of 3 , May 25, 2007
      PCGen and their official sponsor Silven Publishing are pleased to
      announce the first Release Candidate of PCGen 5.12.0. Release Notes
      are here:

      http://sourceforge.net/docman/display_doc.php?docid=55859&group_id=25576

      It's been a long road folks, but I think the wait has been worth it :)

    • Nigel Bennington
      Message 2 of 3 , May 25, 2007
        Doing some testing work on 5.12.0 RC1.

        Creating basics of a new dataset (for home use) based on old CMP files +
        RSRD + homegrown.

        Building dataset from nothing, so it is minimalist.

        So far have added bare minimum to define a lvl1 human barbarian.

        The items I have added are listed below, they are all copied from the
        RSRD basics files, with the only changes being expanded descriptions
        and, where appropriate, a BENEFITS clause added to feats.

        In the dataset are the following items:

        Races
        Human

        Classes
        Barbarian
        Ex Barbarian

        Skills
        Acrobatics

        Feats
        Acrobatic
        Armor Proficiency (Light)
        Armor Proficiency (Medium)
        Martial Weapon Proficiency
        Shield Proficiency
        Simple Weapon Proficiency
        All Automatic Proficiencies
        All Martial Weapon Proficiencies
        Rage
        Barbarian Fast Movement
        Barbarian Rage

        Equipment
        Arrows(20)

        Kits
        Default Dwarf

        WeaponProfs
        Gauntlet

        Equipmods
        Wood
        Steel

        Templates
        Monk Outsider

        Having gotten that far with no error reports for missing items in the
        debug console, I decided to save the character, so as to save keying
        stuff in again.

        When I tried to load the saved character, however, I got the following
        error messages in pop ups

        Error:Invalid PC Gen version.
        Method: parseVersionLine
        Line:Version:5.12 RC1

        followed by

        Unrecoverable problems occurred while loading the character.

        Running XP Pro, Java 1.6.0_01-b06, PCGen 5.12.0 RC1

        pcg and data files available if needed.

        Have fun :)

        Coromir.
      • James Dempsey
        Message 3 of 3 , May 25, 2007
          Hi Nigel,

          On 26/05/2007 7:57 AM Nigel Bennington wrote
          > Doing some testing work on 5.12.0 RC1.
          >

          > Having gotten that far with no error reports for missing items in the
          > debug console, I decided to save the character, so as to save keying
          > stuff in again.
          >
          > When I tried to load the saved character, however, I got the following
          > error messages in pop ups
          >

          > Error:Invalid PC Gen version.
          > Method: parseVersionLine
          > Line:Version:5.12 RC1
          >

          > followed by
          >
          > Unrecoverable problems occurred while loading the character.

          Thanks for the bug report - that's a show stopper. Expect to see RC2 out
          very shortly.

          James Dempsey
          PCGen Code SB