Re: [pcgen] [5.12RC1/revision 2987] Mithral buckler gives penalty -1 to hit - re

  • Brad Stiles
    Message 1 of 3 , May 24, 2007
      Per Christian Henden <perchrh-pcgen@...> wrote:

      > Hi,
      >
      > Found an issue when adding my mithral buckler. It gives me a penalty
      > to hit (-1) when it should not. The -1 penalty of the buckler should
      > become 0 because of the special material.

      Why is this an issue? A buckler provides a -1 penalty to hit, and I see nothing in the description of Mithral on the page to which you linked that suggests that the to-hit bonus is reduced.
    • Tir Gwaith
      Message 2 of 3 , May 24, 2007
        > Why is this an issue? A buckler provides a -1 penalty to hit, and I see nothing in the description of Mithral on the page to which you linked that suggests that the to-hit bonus is reduced.

        Is that separate from the Armor Check penalty? (I'm @ work, can't
        check rules or the LST for buckler)

        PCGen LST Chimp
      • Drew Bernat
        Message 3 of 3 , May 24, 2007
          From the SRD:

          This small metal shield is worn strapped to your forearm. You can use
          a bow or crossbow without penalty while carrying it. You can also use
          your shield arm to wield a weapon (whether you are using an off-hand
          weapon or using your off hand to help wield a two-handed weapon), but
          you take a �1 penalty on attack rolls while doing so. This penalty
          stacks with those that may apply for fighting with your off hand and
          for fighting with two weapons. In any case, if you use a weapon in
          your off hand, you don�t get the buckler�s AC bonus for the rest of
          the round.

          So yep, -1 penalty. Also the conditional AC loss.

          Drew

          On May 24, 2007, at 9:43 AM, Tir Gwaith wrote:

          >> Why is this an issue? A buckler provides a -1 penalty to hit, and
          >> I see nothing in the description of Mithral on the page to which
          >> you linked that suggests that the to-hit bonus is reduced.
          >>

          > Is that separate from the Armor Check penalty? (I'm @ work, can't
          > check rules or the LST for buckler)
          >
          > --
          > Tir Gwaith