backgrounds? yes i searched too lol

  • Josh
    Message 1 of 6 , May 21, 2007
      ok here is my delema
      the rules set i want to use doesent have races instead it has
      backgrounds with selectable feats
      does this mean i have to run the backgrounds individualy per feat?
      do i put them in as races? or am i just missing something?
      Message 2 of 6 , May 21, 2007
        Hi,

        Josh wrote:
        > ok here is my delema
        > the rules set i want to use doesent have races instead it has
        > backgrounds with selectable feats

        So, all the races is standard and you have backgrounds to choose from?
        Sounds like you just want to make Templates with your background. Then
        depending on how simple or complicated you wish to be go from there.

        Simple - Template Background "Bar" use SA: tag to say what the
        background is.

        Complicated - Same as above but Using PREMULT, PRETEMPLATE on all the
        feats you want in your games ruleset
        > does this mean i have to run the backgrounds individualy per feat?
        > do i put them in as races? or am i just missing something?

        Simple is best. Self policing is less work, but if you're a
        perfectionist... complicated can be satisfying.

        -Andrew

      • Josh
        Message 3 of 6 , May 26, 2007

          well there are only 2 races and one race has only 1 background
          so basicly its a where you are from background with selectable
          feats and equipment.

          my other problem that i havent searched for yet
          a points based spell system and a 7th abblity score for casting

          if anyone has help to offer you can reply here or e-mail me directly

          It is wheel of time content and i know i cannot redistubute it
          i just want to use it in my own game so i dont see a issue there
          since i wont be giving the information to anyone else.

          but when/if PCGen is allowed to use WoT content i am happy to send my
          work to the developers of PCGen. (will include list of people that
          have helped fine tune it)

          thats part of why i want to make it very sleek and clean

          http://pcgen.sourceforge.net/07_autobuilds.php
          > > PCGen's Online Docs:
          > > Yahoo! Groups Links

        • Tir Gwaith
          Message 4 of 6 , May 26, 2007
            > well there are only 2 races and one race has only 1 background
            > so basicly its a where you are from background with selectable
            > feats and equipment.

            Easiest way all around for that is to make each 'background' a race,
            since you are only talking a few other races. Otherwise, I'd suggest
            hidden templates.

            So using Lord of the Rings as an example....
            Human (Gondorian)
            Human (Rohirrim)
            Human (Breelander)
            Human (Corsair of Umbar)
            Human (Easterling)
            Human (Haradrim)
            Human (Dunlending)

            > my other problem that i havent searched for yet
            > a points based spell system and a 7th abblity score for casting

            GameMode definition for extra stat. See the Psionics set for examples
            of setting up (complex) point based spell system.

            (I'm going to pretend I didn't read the rest of that.)

            PCGen LST Chimp
          • Josh
            Message 5 of 6 , May 27, 2007

              > > well there are only 2 races and one race has only 1 background
              > > so basicly its a where you are from background with selectable
              > > feats and equipment.
              >
              > Easiest way all around for that is to make each 'background' a race,
              > since you are only talking a few other races. Otherwise, I'd
              suggest
              > hidden templates.
              >
              > So using Lord of the Rings as an example....
              > Human (Gondorian)
              > Human (Rohirrim)
              > Human (Breelander)
              > Human (Corsair of Umbar)
              > Human (Easterling)
              > Human (Haradrim)
              > Human (Dunlending)

              will this work with selectable starting feats?
              current ruleset allows players to pick 1 feat out of a pool
              and then some of the feats are no longer avalible

              > > my other problem that i havent searched for yet
              > > a points based spell system and a 7th abblity score for casting
              >
              > GameMode definition for extra stat. See the Psionics set for
              examples
              > of setting up (complex) point based spell system.

              GameMode Definition is where?

              > (I'm going to pretend I didn't read the rest of that.)

              K Gotcha would edit if i could

              > --
              > Tir Gwaith
              > PCGen LST Chimp

            • Tir Gwaith
              Message 6 of 6 , May 27, 2007
                > will this work with selectable starting feats?
                > current ruleset allows players to pick 1 feat out of a pool
                > and then some of the feats are no longer avalible

                Easily. Depends on how you set up the Prereqs.

                PCGen LST Chimp