Looking to help

  • Chad Harris
    Message 1 of 6 , May 15, 2007
      Hello-

      I've been using PCGen off and on for a few years now, and lurking on
      this list for a few months. Now I would like to offer my help to this
      project. I would love to get involved in the code portion of the
      project. Java isn't my strong suite (embedded C is where I've spent
      most of my life), but I am more than willing to help wherever is
      needed.

      -Chad
      Message 2 of 6 , May 15, 2007
        Timer started to see how long it takes Kar to suck up this soul...

        Chad, James or Kar will contact you shortly. In the meantime, check out
        this part of our site
        http://pcgen.wiki.sourceforge.net/Joining+the+Code+Team

        and this one for general info.
        http://pcgen.wiki.sourceforge.net/Code

        Welcome to the team.

        I'll wait for either James or Kar to make the OFFICIAL announcement later.

        -Andrew
        TM

        Chad Harris wrote:
        > Hello-
        >
        > I've been using PCGen off and on for a few years now, and lurking on
        > this list for a few months. Now I would like to offer my help to this
        > project. I would love to get involved in the code portion of the
        > project. Java isn't my strong suite (embedded C is where I've spent
        > most of my life), but I am more than willing to help wherever is
        > needed.
        >
        > -Chad

      • Martijn Verburg
        Message 3 of 6 , May 16, 2007
          <Karianna swoops in from the Soul Jar>

          Compliance!! Chad if you could PM me I'll get the administrative
          things out of the way :).

          > Timer started to see how long it takes Kar to suck up this soul...
          >
          > Chad, James or Kar will contact you shortly. In the meantime, check out
          > this part of our site
          > http://pcgen.wiki.sourceforge.net/Joining+the+Code+Team
          >
          > and this one for general info.
          > http://pcgen.wiki.sourceforge.net/Code
          >
          > Welcome to the team.
          >
          > I'll wait for either James or Kar to make the OFFICIAL announcement
          later.

          > -Andrew
          > TM
          >
          > Chad Harris wrote:
          > > Hello-
          > >
          > > I've been using PCGen off and on for a few years now, and lurking on
          > > this list for a few months. Now I would like to offer my help to this
          > > project. I would love to get involved in the code portion of the
          > > project. Java isn't my strong suite (embedded C is where I've spent
          > > most of my life), but I am more than willing to help wherever is
          > > needed.
          > >
          > > -Chad

          > > PCGen's Wiki: http://www.legolas.org/pcgen/pytw/#Welcome
          > > PCGen's Roadmap: http://www.legolas.org/pcgen/pytw/#Roadmap
          > > PCGen's Online Docs:
          > > Yahoo! Groups Links

        • moogle0001
          Message 4 of 6 , Oct 17, 2013
            I'm a software developer interested in contributing to the PCGen code. My Java is rusty, as I've been primarily using C# for the last couple of years, but starting to pick it up again. Who can I chat with about helping?
          • James Dempsey
            Message 5 of 6 , Oct 17, 2013
              Hi Gabriel,

              Thanks for volunteering! We are always keen for the help.

              I'll send you an email later today with some instructions on getting set up to contribute. Did you have any particular areas you wanted to work on or any specific first change you wanted to make?

              Cheers,
              James Dempsey
              PCGen Code SB