Unable to do a COUNT on ABILITY objects( [Bug]? )

  • Thomas Clegg
    Message 1 of 2 , May 15 2:26 PM
      Hi all!

      Not sure if this is a bug, or a Freq, but working on the DW2 files, I
      was using a lot of COUNT[FEATNAME=MyMutantAbility]. Changing the
      Abilities to Mutations and Defects breaks this because there is no COUNT
      [ABILITYNAME=MyMutantAbility] or any other COUNT relating to the
      ABILITY object.

      There should be such an animal, right?

      Tom
    • James Dempsey
      Message 2 of 2 , May 15 2:38 PM
        Hi Tom,

        On 16/05/2007 7:26 AM Thomas Clegg wrote
        > Hi all!
        >
        > Not sure if this is a bug, or a Freq, but working on the DW2 files, I
        > was using a lot of COUNT[FEATNAME=MyMutantAbility]. Changing the
        > Abilities to Mutations and Defects breaks this because there is no COUNT
        > [ABILITYNAME=MyMutantAbility] or any other COUNT relating to the
        > ABILITY object.
        >
        > There should be such an animal, right?

        The count functionality for ability objects is provided through the JEP
        count() method. The old COUNT[] method will gradually be phased out over
        time so is not being added to any more. All features of the old method
        will eventually be provided by the new count() method.

        James Dempsey
        PCGen Code SB