Custom Weapon: enchantment

  • nokao83
    Message 1 of 8 , Apr 29 9:52 AM
      Hi.. I succesfully created a +1 enchantment bastard sword, but I want
      to make it a +1d6 fire weapon.

      Another problem is that adding it on the equipped gear list, "one
      hand" is not displayed... but bastard sword can be used both 1 and 2
      hands... what can I do?

      What is the procedure to add magical damages to the character sheet? I
      tryed with frost, fire, and spells too, but I always see 1d10 damage
      on the damage.

      Does prices works good adding the various spells capacities on items?
      If so, PcGen can be used to determine magical items prices too...
    • Tir Gwaith
      Message 2 of 8 , Apr 29 11:45 AM
        On 4/29/07, nokao83 <alvise.nicoletti@...> wrote:
        > Hi.. I succesfully created a +1 enchantment bastard sword, but I want
        > to make it a +1d6 fire weapon.

        In the same customizer, after selecting +1 enhancement, scroll down to
        Flaming, and add that as well.

        > Another problem is that adding it on the equipped gear list, "one
        > hand" is not displayed... but bastard sword can be used both 1 and 2
        > hands... what can I do?

        Take the Exotic Weapon Proficiency(Sword (Bastard)). Character has to
        have that to wield one-handed.

        > What is the procedure to add magical damages to the character sheet? I
        > tryed with frost, fire, and spells too, but I always see 1d10 damage
        > on the damage.

        It shows up on the SPROP portion of the weapon block.

        > Does prices works good adding the various spells capacities on items?
        > If so, PcGen can be used to determine magical items prices too...

        Yes, but not perfectly (Because the rules aren't quite perfect - the
        pricing stuff has always been a 'guide' according to the DMG)

        PCGen LST Chimp
      • nokao83
        Message 3 of 8 , Apr 30 11:34 AM

          > On 4/29/07, nokao83 <alvise.nicoletti@...> wrote:
          > > Hi.. I succesfully created a +1 enchantment bastard sword, but I want
          > > to make it a +1d6 fire weapon.
          >
          > In the same customizer, after selecting +1 enhancement, scroll down to
          > Flaming, and add that as well.
          >
          > > Another problem is that adding it on the equipped gear list, "one
          > > hand" is not displayed... but bastard sword can be used both 1 and 2
          > > hands... what can I do?
          >
          > Take the Exotic Weapon Proficiency(Sword (Bastard)). Character has to
          > have that to wield one-handed.
          >
          > > What is the procedure to add magical damages to the character sheet? I
          > > tryed with frost, fire, and spells too, but I always see 1d10 damage
          > > on the damage.
          >
          > It shows up on the SPROP portion of the weapon block.
          >
          > > Does prices works good adding the various spells capacities on items?
          > > If so, PcGen can be used to determine magical items prices too...
          >
          > Yes, but not perfectly (Because the rules aren't quite perfect - the
          > pricing stuff has always been a 'guide' according to the DMG)
          >
          > --
          > Tir Gwaith
          > PCGen LST Chimp

          I taked: "Exotic Weapon Proficiency (Sword (Bastard/Exotic))" and it
          stills make he uses it only with two hands.

          When I quit and reload the character I get the error "no longer
          proficent with sword bastard/exotic" but the feat is still there.

          I think I found a bug too... The "full plate" gives me an AC of 4...
          I searched the item on the dataset sources and changed it's price from
          1500 to 1501 to be sure it was the item I was using, and it was...
          The item definition sets it's AC to 8...:
          Full Plate TYPE:Armor.Heavy.Suit.Standard
          COST:1501 WT:50 ACCHECK:-6 EQMOD:ARMR_STEEL
          MAXDEX:1 SOURCELONG:Player's Handbook SOURCESHORT:phb
          SOURCEPAGE:p.123 SPELLFAILURE:35 BONUS:COMBAT|AC|8

          So why it gives me 4? How can I debug this?
          Message 4 of 8 , Apr 30 12:46 PM

            nokao83 wrote:
            > --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, "Tir Gwaith" <Tir.Gwaith@...> wrote:
            >
            >> On 4/29/07, nokao83 <alvise.nicoletti@...> wrote:
            >>
            >>> Hi.. I succesfully created a +1 enchantment bastard sword, but I want
            >>> to make it a +1d6 fire weapon.
            >>>
            >> In the same customizer, after selecting +1 enhancement, scroll down to
            >> Flaming, and add that as well.
            >>

            >>> Another problem is that adding it on the equipped gear list, "one
            >>> hand" is not displayed... but bastard sword can be used both 1 and 2
            >>> hands... what can I do?
            >>>
            >> Take the Exotic Weapon Proficiency(Sword (Bastard)). Character has to
            >> have that to wield one-handed.
            >>

            >>> What is the procedure to add magical damages to the character sheet? I
            >>> tryed with frost, fire, and spells too, but I always see 1d10 damage
            >>> on the damage.
            >>>
            >> It shows up on the SPROP portion of the weapon block.
            >>

            >>> Does prices works good adding the various spells capacities on items?
            >>> If so, PcGen can be used to determine magical items prices too...
            >>>
            >> Yes, but not perfectly (Because the rules aren't quite perfect - the
            >> pricing stuff has always been a 'guide' according to the DMG)
            >>
            >> --
            >> Tir Gwaith
            >> PCGen LST Chimp
            >>

            > I taked: "Exotic Weapon Proficiency (Sword (Bastard/Exotic))" and it
            > stills make he uses it only with two hands.

            What version are you using?
            > When I quit and reload the character I get the error "no longer
            > proficent with sword bastard/exotic" but the feat is still there.

            Again, which version are you using?
            > I think I found a bug too... The "full plate" gives me an AC of 4...
            > I searched the item on the dataset sources and changed it's price from
            > 1500 to 1501 to be sure it was the item I was using, and it was...
            > The item definition sets it's AC to 8...:
            > Full Plate TYPE:Armor.Heavy.Suit.Standard
            > COST:1501 WT:50 ACCHECK:-6 EQMOD:ARMR_STEEL
            > MAXDEX:1 SOURCELONG:Closed Content Name SOURCESHORT:CCN
            > SOURCEPAGE:p.123 SPELLFAILURE:35 BONUS:COMBAT|AC|8

            Your bonus tag is missing the end unless you want it to stack with
            bracers of armor. append |TYPE=Armor.REPLACE
            Looking at the Eqmod - is that a correct eqmod? I only see STEEL as
            correct. Are you using a CODE MONKEY PUBLISHING Data Set?
            > So why it gives me 4? How can I debug this?

            Well, the basic questions need to be answered:
            1) Is this a PCGen set or CodeMonkeyPublishing Set?
            2) What Java version are you running?
            3) What version of PCGen are you using
            4) Any errors in the console window? (If so could you please post it
            here so our code monkeys can take a look)

            -Andrew
            Data, Docs and Tracker Lemur

          • Barak
            Message 5 of 8 , Apr 30 6:11 PM
              Because you are using the CMP datasets and apparently loading every single
              one of them (which would include the UA option for "Armor as DR").

              That reduces the AC benefit of the armor and adds a DR rating to it.

              Just don't load that source and your numbers will be fine.

              Barak

              PS: You should be asking about issues with CMP datasets on the CMP forums
              instead of here.

              Checked by AVG Free Edition.
              9:14 AM
            • Tir Gwaith
              Message 6 of 8 , Apr 30 8:50 PM
                > I think I found a bug too... The "full plate" gives me an AC of 4...
                > I searched the item on the dataset sources and changed it's price from
                > 1500 to 1501 to be sure it was the item I was using, and it was...
                > The item definition sets it's AC to 8...:
                > Full Plate TYPE:Armor.Heavy.Suit.Standard
                > COST:1501 WT:50 ACCHECK:-6 EQMOD:ARMR_STEEL
                > MAXDEX:1 SOURCELONG:Player's Handbook SOURCESHORT:phb
                > SOURCEPAGE:p.123 SPELLFAILURE:35 BONUS:COMBAT|AC|8
                >
                > So why it gives me 4? How can I debug this?

                Ok, I got it. You are using CMP datasets. Please see their forum
                about the Wielding of the Bastard Sword. Totally depends on how they
                have it set up.

                Ad for this Full Plate AC: Don't load the UA Armor as DR dataset from
                CMP. I've got a feeling the character will have DR 4 on the DR block.
                Barak has mentioned this before on the lists. :)

                PCGen LST Chimp
              • nokao83
                Message 7 of 8 , May 2, 2007

                  > > I think I found a bug too... The "full plate" gives me an AC of 4...
                  > > I searched the item on the dataset sources and changed it's price from
                  > > 1500 to 1501 to be sure it was the item I was using, and it was...
                  > > The item definition sets it's AC to 8...:
                  > > Full Plate

                  TYPE:Armor.Heavy.Suit.Standard
                  > > COST:1501 WT:50 ACCHECK:-6

                  EQMOD:ARMR_STEEL
                  > > MAXDEX:1 SOURCELONG:Player's
                  Handbook SOURCESHORT:phb
                  > > SOURCEPAGE:p.123 SPELLFAILURE:35 BONUS:COMBAT|AC|8
                  > >
                  > > So why it gives me 4? How can I debug this?
                  >
                  > Ok, I got it. You are using CMP datasets. Please see their forum
                  > about the Wielding of the Bastard Sword. Totally depends on how they
                  > have it set up.
                  >
                  > Ad for this Full Plate AC: Don't load the UA Armor as DR dataset from
                  > CMP. I've got a feeling the character will have DR 4 on the DR block.
                  > Barak has mentioned this before on the lists. :)
                  >
                  > --
                  > Tir Gwaith
                  > PCGen LST Chimp

                  Sincerely, I'm not practical of datasets...

                  I used for a month srd datasets, now I'm using cmd (3.5 wotc) cause I
                  see them nicely ordered into manuals and I better understand what I'm

                  I found them somewere searching information about translating items in
                  PcGen (I didn't found them into the base pcgen installer).

                  Can you help me to find their forum? Is it a PcGen section or it's
                  just a different project?

                  I'm still trying to understand your world... (maybe it's just another
                  adiacent plane like shadow or ethereal?)
                • ovka
                  Message 8 of 8 , May 2, 2007
                    > I used for a month srd datasets, now I'm using cmd (3.5 wotc) cause I
                    > see them nicely ordered into manuals and I better understand what I'm
                    >
                    > Can you help me to find their forum? Is it a PcGen section or it's
                    > just a different project?

                    http:/www.codemonkeypublishing.com/

                    Cheers,

                    Sir George Anonymous