Re: [pcgen] Confused about abilities

  • James Dempsey
    Message 1 of 2 , Apr 26 6:55 PM
      Hi Barak,

      On 27/04/07, Barak <barak@...> wrote:
      > Ok, following I have in my miscinfo.lst file:
      >
      > TAB:ABILITIES NAME:in_abilities_tabname
      > CONTEXT:tabpages\players\tabability.html
      > TAB:FEATS NAME:in_feats
      > CONTEXT:tabpages\players\tabfeats.html
      >
      > ABILITYCATEGORY:CT CATEGORY:CT PLURAL:CTs EDITABLE:YES
      > EDITPOOL:NO FRACTIONALPOOL:NO POOL:CombatTrapPool VISIBLE:YES
      > ABILITYCATEGORY:ST CATEGORY:ST PLURAL:STs EDITABLE:YES
      > EDITPOOL:NO FRACTIONALPOOL:NO POOL:SkillTrickPool VISIBLE:YES
      > ABILITYCATEGORY:PM CATEGORY:PM PLURAL:PMs EDITABLE:YES
      > EDITPOOL:NO FRACTIONALPOOL:NO POOL:PersonaMaskPool VISIBLE:YES
      >
      > Give that, I would expect a Feat tab and an Abilities tab on the main level,
      > with feats under the feat tab and CTs, STs and PMs under the abilities tab.
      >
      > What I'm getting is only a Feats tab, with subtabs for Feats, CTs, STs and
      > PMs... am I doing something wrong? Is this a bug?

      The abilities will always appear as subtabs of the feats tab. That's
      the way it is coded.

      The top level abilities tab is the Languages, Weapon Proficiencies and
      Special Abilities dialog displayed as a separate tab if selected by
      the user. I agree the names in the miscinfo file are confusing.

      James Dempsey
      PCGen Code SB