Confused about abilities

  • Barak
    Message 1 of 2 , Apr 26, 2007
      Ok, following I have in my miscinfo.lst file:

      TAB:ABILITIES NAME:in_abilities_tabname
      CONTEXT:tabpages\players\tabability.html
      TAB:FEATS NAME:in_feats
      CONTEXT:tabpages\players\tabfeats.html

      ABILITYCATEGORY:CT CATEGORY:CT PLURAL:CTs EDITABLE:YES
      EDITPOOL:NO FRACTIONALPOOL:NO POOL:CombatTrapPool VISIBLE:YES
      ABILITYCATEGORY:ST CATEGORY:ST PLURAL:STs EDITABLE:YES
      EDITPOOL:NO FRACTIONALPOOL:NO POOL:SkillTrickPool VISIBLE:YES
      ABILITYCATEGORY:PM CATEGORY:PM PLURAL:PMs EDITABLE:YES
      EDITPOOL:NO FRACTIONALPOOL:NO POOL:PersonaMaskPool VISIBLE:YES

      Give that, I would expect a Feat tab and an Abilities tab on the main level,
      with feats under the feat tab and CTs, STs and PMs under the abilities tab.

      What I'm getting is only a Feats tab, with subtabs for Feats, CTs, STs and
      PMs... am I doing something wrong? Is this a bug?

      Barak

      Checked by AVG Free Edition.
      12:19 PM
    • James Dempsey
      Message 2 of 2 , Apr 26, 2007
        Hi Barak,

        On 27/04/07, Barak <barak@...> wrote:
        > Ok, following I have in my miscinfo.lst file:
        >
        > TAB:ABILITIES NAME:in_abilities_tabname
        > CONTEXT:tabpages\players\tabability.html
        > TAB:FEATS NAME:in_feats
        > CONTEXT:tabpages\players\tabfeats.html
        >
        > ABILITYCATEGORY:CT CATEGORY:CT PLURAL:CTs EDITABLE:YES
        > EDITPOOL:NO FRACTIONALPOOL:NO POOL:CombatTrapPool VISIBLE:YES
        > ABILITYCATEGORY:ST CATEGORY:ST PLURAL:STs EDITABLE:YES
        > EDITPOOL:NO FRACTIONALPOOL:NO POOL:SkillTrickPool VISIBLE:YES
        > ABILITYCATEGORY:PM CATEGORY:PM PLURAL:PMs EDITABLE:YES
        > EDITPOOL:NO FRACTIONALPOOL:NO POOL:PersonaMaskPool VISIBLE:YES
        >
        > Give that, I would expect a Feat tab and an Abilities tab on the main level,
        > with feats under the feat tab and CTs, STs and PMs under the abilities tab.
        >
        > What I'm getting is only a Feats tab, with subtabs for Feats, CTs, STs and
        > PMs... am I doing something wrong? Is this a bug?

        The abilities will always appear as subtabs of the feats tab. That's
        the way it is coded.

        The top level abilities tab is the Languages, Weapon Proficiencies and
        Special Abilities dialog displayed as a separate tab if selected by
        the user. I agree the names in the miscinfo file are confusing.

        James Dempsey
        PCGen Code SB