Re: [pcgen] Questions from an ignorant newbie

  • Eddy Anthony
    Message 1 of 9 , Apr 22, 2007
      Terry FitzSimons scribed:

      > You might try the PCGen_Docs_510.pdf in the download section, stored under
      > the 5.10.1 stable. I think someone is making a new version due to all of
      > the changes to the screen displays.
      >
      > Terry

      That PDF is simply a print version of the 5.10 docs. It was created by
      manually converting the html docs into InDesign and exporting a PDF. It was
      done to as a bonus to add to the CD we passed out at Gencon and because many
      folks have requested a print friendly version of the docs.

      I will not be repeating this since it involved much work and I no longer
      have the time but it is still largely valid. If you need the latest info you
      should always refer to the docs which come with the version you are working
      with and you can look at the most current version online from the link
      below.

      There have been proposals to move the working format of the docs into
      something which can be used to export the content into multiple formats
      (html, PDF, etc..) but for now it's still html.

      --
      ~ Eddy Anthony (MoSaT)