5.11.13 [BUG] ADD:ABILITY

  • Barak
    Message 1 of 7 , Apr 20, 2007
      I cannot seem to make the ADD:ABILITY tag work for me... :/

      I have several abilities defined with a TYPE:CT tag in them. They show up
      fine in the abilities tab (under their own sub-tab), so I think they're
      constructed properly.

      In a class I have ADD:ABILITY|2|FEAT|VIRTUAL|TYPE=CT. However, no chooser
      pops up. :(

      Is it because I have the file defined as an ability file instead of a feat
      file?

      Thoughts? Bug?

      Barak

      5:20 PM
    • Paul W. King
      Message 2 of 7 , Apr 21, 2007
        [ 1705118 ] 5.11.13 [BUG] ADD:ABILITY
        http://sourceforge.net/tracker/index.php?func=detail&aid=1705118&group_id=25576&atid=384719

        Paul W. King
        PR SB, BoD
      • Barak
        Message 3 of 7 , Apr 21, 2007
          Sorry Paul, forgot to post a follow-up.

          The issue was that it wasn't a feat I was trying to add, but an ability with
          a category name. Once I changed that it worked, so this isn't a bug (unless
          documentation clarifications counts... both examples use FEAT in them, so it
          wasn't real clear to me that FEAT was actually a CATEGORY).

          Now however, I've run into an issue that is related...

          I've coded up a Prestige class and I was testing it. I created a 5th level
          fighter with appropriate prereqs and spent all feats. On taking my 6th
          level (first in the prestige class) I end up with 2 feat slots available on
          the feat tab instead of the expected 1 (for hitting 6th level).

          When I go back to the 5th lvl fighter I had saved for testing and add
          another level of fighter I get the expected 1 feat available.

          The prestige class has this on the first class level line:
          1 ADD:ABILITY|ST|AUTOMATIC|TYPE=ST
          BONUS:ABILITYPOOL|ST|1

          Am I doing something incorrectly or is there a bug here? (The ability
          category is properly defined in the gamemode files).

          Checked by AVG Free Edition.
          11:56 AM
        • Barak
          Message 4 of 7 , Apr 22, 2007
            Hate replying to myself, but it seems the easiest way to keep this all
            together.

            I've tracked the issue down, and it's a code bug to the best of my ability
            to determine. Following is how I tested:

            1) I stripped out the BONUS:ABILITYPOOL tag mentioned below and left only
            the ADD:ABILITY tag.
            2) Still got the extra FEAT pool points (but got a -1 pool point in my ST
            category pool... didn't notice this before)
            3) Changed it to ADD:ABILITY|2|ST|AUTOMATIC|TYPE=ST
            4) Now got two extra FEAT pool points (got a -2 pool points in my ST
            category pool)
            5) Changed it to ADD:ABILITY|3|ST|AUTOMATIC|TYPE=ST
            6) Now got three!!! extra FEAT pool points (got a -3 pool points in my ST
            category pool)

            So, it looks like the code is dumping all credit (for lack of a better term)
            for AUTOMATIC feats into the FEAT category point pool regardless of where
            they are supposed to go.

            Could a TM update the tracker to reflect this info? And maybe get this
            bumped onto the list to be fixed for next Beta?

            Barak

            Message 5 of 7 , Apr 22, 2007
              Nevermind, remembered my SF password and did it myself. :p

              Barak

            • James Dempsey
              Message 6 of 7 , Apr 23, 2007
                Hi Barak,

                I've checked in a fix for this problem. It will be available in
                tonight's autobuild.

                James Dempsey
                PCGen Code SB

                On 22/04/2007 11:51 PM Barak wrote
                > Hate replying to myself, but it seems the easiest way to keep this all
                > together.
                >
                > I've tracked the issue down, and it's a code bug to the best of my ability
                > to determine. Following is how I tested:
                >
                > 1) I stripped out the BONUS:ABILITYPOOL tag mentioned below and left only
                > the ADD:ABILITY tag.
                > 2) Still got the extra FEAT pool points (but got a -1 pool point in my ST
                > category pool... didn't notice this before)
                > 3) Changed it to ADD:ABILITY|2|ST|AUTOMATIC|TYPE=ST
                > 4) Now got two extra FEAT pool points (got a -2 pool points in my ST
                > category pool)
                > 5) Changed it to ADD:ABILITY|3|ST|AUTOMATIC|TYPE=ST
                > 6) Now got three!!! extra FEAT pool points (got a -3 pool points in my ST
                > category pool)
                >
                > So, it looks like the code is dumping all credit (for lack of a better term)
                > for AUTOMATIC feats into the FEAT category point pool regardless of where
                > they are supposed to go.
                >
                > Could a TM update the tracker to reflect this info? And maybe get this
                > bumped onto the list to be fixed for next Beta?
                >
                > Barak
              • Barak
                Message 7 of 7 , Apr 23, 2007
                  Cool.

                  Fortunately, I can pull and do a build so I don’t have to wait that long. ;)

                  Unfortunately, I do have to run for work now though. :p

                  I'll check it out when I get home this evening.

                  Barak

                  Checked by AVG Free Edition.
                  11:56 AM