Question...

  • Sean
    Message 1 of 11 , Apr 13, 2007
      Hey all...Been a while since I been in here...but I have a question
      for the group as a whole.

      Are there any plans (or current features, I've just downloaded the app
      after being away for several years) that will allow spontaneous
      application of spells and effects during combat? I know the main
      purpose is creation of characters, but it would be nice to have an app
      that does apply spells and effects for PCs during the game as math
      gets in the way of gameplay for many of us.

      Just a question or possible feature? :)

      Sean
      Old School Code Monkey (Former Feat monkey :) )
    • Martijn Verburg
      Message 2 of 11 , Apr 14, 2007
        You can apply temp bonuses in a sub tab under Inventory, it's not
        ideal but it's the best PCGen offers so far. The GMGEn plugin will be
        enhanced one day to make this a more 'table top' style of solution.

        Message 3 of 11 , Apr 14, 2007
          Awesome! Thanks for the quick reply!

          Two more questions, now that I'm back to editing .lst files (been a
          LOOOOONNNNNGGGGG time :) ).

          1. If I want to create my own house rules PCC (mygaminggroup.pcc), and
          I'm including other PCC files (like the rsrd.pcc), I am thinking that
          I cannot use the EXCLUDE tag thusly:

          PCC:(mypath)/rsrd.pcc|(EXCLUDE:Acrobat|Agile)

          I have put this in the individual PCC that loads the "feats" for the
          RSRD (being rsrd/basics/rsrd_feats.lst) on the feat line like this:

          FEAT:rsrd_feats.lst|(EXCLUDE:Acrobatic|Agile|Alertness)

          and it works so I'm just asking for confirmation.

          Is this assumption right and I have to load each LST file by category
          tag in order to have a "master campaign file"?

          2. I'm having trouble with the MOD tag. Our group uses the "Druid
          Domain" rule from Unearthed Arcana and we would like to use it in
          PCGen. This is what I have in the "mygaminggroup_class.lst" file:

          SOURCELONG:House Rules SOURCESHORT:HR

          CLASS:Druid.MOD
          BONUS:DOMAIN|NUMBER|1

          And it loads after all my PCC files have loaded and does not give a
          druid character I create a choice of domains. Do I need to edit the
          deity or domains LST files in order to get it to cooperate?

          Thanks in advance to any who can help. If i'm not asking questions in
          the right place, let me know where to ask em and I'll run off there. :)

          Sean

          Message 4 of 11 , Apr 16, 2007
            Hi Sean,

            You're probably best off asking in the LSTFileHelp group :)

          • Ian Chevalier
            Message 5 of 11 , Sep 6, 2010
              Please forgive me if this has been asked before but is there a stable Dataset for the Pathfinder: Advanced Player's Guide yet? Also, what stable dataset for PCGen will let you choose a Wraith as the character's race?
              Message 6 of 11 , Sep 6, 2010
                Hi Ian,

                Answer #1 -
                Short Answer: Not currently.
                Long detailed Answer: It's being worked on and due to the many variants and such requiring a lot of
                work on the core sets it's not as speedy as some of the other sets we put out [I've spent a quarter
                of my time changing the core files to allow the APG to work correctly]. Only those community
                volunteers interested in messy around with the in-progress buggy version and giving tester feed-back
                have access to the APG Set. I've haven't gotten too many complaints from the testers, so they must
                be happy so far with what they have. I'm hoping to be done sooner than later, but last guess was a
                month before it's ready. Just really depends how much time I have to code it and how much I have to
                tear apart in the core set. If this helps, all the classes, including the Antipaladin are done;
                feats are entered but need to be fleshed out; equipment is almost done; and I've gotten the
                Barbarian Alternate Archetype Packages finished, leaving all the rest of the Archetypes to be dealt
                with; The Favored Class Mechanism needs to be addressed and finally the Racial Traits are done and
                working.

                Answer #2 - I'm not aware the Wraith was a 'character' race, but any set that includes the wraith
                can (In theory and GM's permission) be used as a character race. The sets I know of that have a
                wraith race - srd (3e), rsrd (3.5e), pathfinder bestiary. I'm sure there are plenty others, but I'm
                not going to search through all our data sets for wraiths and the various variants.
                Let me also say, any "monster race" can be used as a character race. Nothing prevents you from doing
                so. If you want to set up a "wraith" as a playable race cause the existing ones won't do it for you,
                then ask what you'll need over on the List File Help group. Myself and a few other monkeys will be
                available to assist you if you need it. <link in the footer>

                Cheers,

                On 9/6/2010 7:28 PM, Ian Chevalier wrote:
                > Please forgive me if this has been asked before but is there a stable Dataset for the Pathfinder: Advanced Player's Guide yet? Also, what stable dataset for PCGen will let you choose a Wraith as the character's race?

                > PCGen's Wiki: http://wiki.pcgen.org/

                Data Chimp, Docs Tamarin

              • John Bauldree
                Message 7 of 11 , Sep 7, 2010
                  I am Using PCGEN 5163
                  Source: 3.5 RSRD

                  I create a Ranger @ level 8/NG/Human
                  I give him 15 in every stat

                  I then select Monitor Lizard as his Animal Companion and switch over to the companion sheet.

                  under feats and abilities I go to class features and I see that I can only select 3 Animal Tricks. As a normal animal with a 1 INT it can have 3 Animal tricks. When it is an Animal Companion EL 1 it should get +1 Bonus Trick (EL3 gets +2, EL6 gets +6... )

                  am I missing something?

                  Thanks,
                  John

                • Ian Chevalier
                  Message 8 of 11 , Sep 7, 2010
                    LOL. Well, I don't really want to play a Wraith. Rather, I want to introduce a Dire Wraith (aka a Pathfinder Bestiary Wraith with the Advanced and Giant templates) with 15 Levels of Antipaladin. Would make for a truly epic villain no? ^_~
                    Message 9 of 11 , Sep 7, 2010
                      Yes, very epic indeed.

                      Message 10 of 11 , Sep 8, 2010
                        I'll look into this in the next few hours.
                         --
                        Andrew

                        ________________________________
                        I then select Monitor Lizard as his Animal Companion and switch over to the
                        companion sheet.

                        under feats and abilities I go to class features and I see that I can only
                        select 3 Animal Tricks.  As a normal animal with a 1 INT it can have 3 Animal
                        tricks. When it is an Animal Companion EL 1 it should get +1 Bonus Trick (EL3
                        gets +2, EL6 gets +6... )

                        am I missing something?

                        Thanks,
                        John

                        ------------------------------------

                        Related Lists
                        PCGen's Wiki: http://wiki.pcgen.org/
                        PCGen's Backup Autobuilds and Docs:

                        Yahoo! Groups Links

                        Message 11 of 11 , Sep 8, 2010
                          Well, mystery solved. The complete solution was either a) not ported from the trunk, b) got
                          deleted somehow.

                          The Animal Companion Section is completely missing the bonus tricks portion. This is the unfortunate
                          side effect of having two branches in progress (And by that, I mean going back into the 5.16 branch
                          and releasing another release after we went forward in the trunk/6.0 cycle), something doesn't get
                          ported. Good catch.

                          To get it working today, replace this the Animal Companion Section with this in the
                          srd35/basics/rsrd_companionmods.lst file and it'll work.

                          ###Block:Animal Companion
                          # Class of the Master Type Hit Dice Ability
                          Virtual Feat Automatically Gained Feat Combat bonus
                          Stat bonus
                          FOLLOWER:CompLevel=1 TYPE:Animal Companion ABILITY:Special Ability|AUTOMATIC|Animal
                          Tricks and Training|Bonus Tricks|Link|Share Spells
                          FOLLOWER:CompLevel=3 TYPE:Animal Companion HD:2 ABILITY:Special
                          Ability|AUTOMATIC|Evasion
                          BONUS:COMBAT|AC|2|TYPE=NaturalArmor.REPLACE BONUS:STAT|STR|1 BONUS:STAT|DEX|1
                          BONUS:VAR|BonusTricks|1 DEFINE:BonusTricks|0
                          FOLLOWER:CompLevel=6 TYPE:Animal Companion HD:2 ABILITY:Special
                          Ability|AUTOMATIC|Devotion
                          BONUS:COMBAT|AC|2|TYPE=NaturalArmor.REPLACE BONUS:STAT|STR|1 BONUS:STAT|DEX|1
                          BONUS:VAR|BonusTricks|1
                          FOLLOWER:CompLevel=9 TYPE:Animal Companion HD:2
                          VFEAT:Multiattack|PREHANDSGTEQ:3 AUTO:FEAT|Multiattack
                          BONUS:COMBAT|AC|2|TYPE=NaturalArmor.REPLACE BONUS:STAT|STR|1 BONUS:STAT|DEX|1
                          BONUS:VAR|BonusTricks|1
                          FOLLOWER:CompLevel=12 TYPE:Animal Companion HD:2

                          BONUS:COMBAT|AC|2|TYPE=NaturalArmor.REPLACE BONUS:STAT|STR|1 BONUS:STAT|DEX|1
                          BONUS:VAR|BonusTricks|1
                          FOLLOWER:CompLevel=15 TYPE:Animal Companion HD:2 ABILITY:Special
                          Ability|AUTOMATIC|Improved Evasion
                          BONUS:COMBAT|AC|2|TYPE=NaturalArmor.REPLACE BONUS:STAT|STR|1 BONUS:STAT|DEX|1
                          BONUS:VAR|BonusTricks|1
                          FOLLOWER:CompLevel=18 TYPE:Animal Companion HD:2

                          #