Saving and loading of character with custom spellist issues

  • Thomas Jannes
    Message 1 of 5 , Apr 6, 2007
      Heya,

      just installed 5.11.12, and after cleaning out all my Customised data, I
      have no warnings anymore. So I join in with the others, throwing out
      bananas and assorted monkey snacks to all.

      I have one issue small issue though, which I am unsure where it should
      be handled.

      I have for my campaign a customised class that can cast from cleric and
      paladin spell lists. Let's call it a Cleradin. I coded him like this:

      CLASS:Cleradin SPELLSTAT:WIS BONUSSPELLSTAT:None
      SPELLTYPE:Divine
      KNOWNSPELLS:LEVEL=0|LEVEL=1|LEVEL=2|LEVEL=3|LEVEL=4|LEVEL=5|LEVEL=6
      BONUS:CASTERLEVEL|Cleraladin|CL SPELLLIST:2|Cleric|Paladin

      The issue I have is with the SPELLIST:2|Cleric|Paladin. Every time I
      load the character, he gives me two popups to choose the two Spellists.
      If I save every time, the .pcg file turns out to contain

      SPELLLIST:Cleradin|Cleric|Paladin|Cleric|Paladin

      And for every new save, Cleric|Paladin gets added once more.

      I cannot guarantee I am doing nothing wrong, but it seems that there is
      some disfunction in the opening/saving of this kind of characters.

      Thomas/Chipoulou
    • bebberd
      Message 2 of 5 , Apr 6, 2007
        This sounds like the issue that is currently plaguing Psions. For example my current character has

        >just installed 5.11.12, and after cleaning out all my Customised data, I
        >have no warnings anymore. So I join in with the others, throwing out
        >bananas and assorted monkey snacks to all.
        >
        >I have one issue small issue though, which I am unsure where it should
        >be handled.
        >
        >I have for my campaign a customised class that can cast from cleric and
        >paladin spell lists. Let's call it a Cleradin. I coded him like this:
        >
        >CLASS:Cleradin SPELLSTAT:WIS BONUSSPELLSTAT:None
        >SPELLTYPE:Divine
        >KNOWNSPELLS:LEVEL=0|LEVEL=1|LEVEL=2|LEVEL=3|LEVEL=4|LEVEL=5|LEVEL=6
        >BONUS:CASTERLEVEL|Cleraladin|CL SPELLLIST:2|Cleric|Paladin
        >
        >The issue I have is with the SPELLIST:2|Cleric|Paladin. Every time I
        >load the character, he gives me two popups to choose the two Spellists.
        >If I save every time, the .pcg file turns out to contain
        >
        >SPELLLIST:Cleradin|Cleric|Paladin|Cleric|Paladin
        >
        >And for every new save, Cleric|Paladin gets added once more.
        >
        >I cannot guarantee I am doing nothing wrong, but it seems that there is
        >some disfunction in the opening/saving of this kind of characters.
        >
        >Thomas/Chipoulou
        >

        >PCGen's Release site: http://pcgen.sourceforge.net
        >PCGen's Wiki: http://www.legolas.org/pcgen/pytw/#Welcome
        >PCGen's Roadmap: http://www.legolas.org/pcgen/pytw/#Roadmap
        >PCGen's Alpha Build: http://pcgen.sourceforge.net/07_autobuilds.php
        >PCGen's Online Docs: http://pcgen.sourceforge.net/autobuilds/pcgen-docs/
        >Yahoo! Groups Links

        PeoplePC Online
        A better way to Internet
        http://www.peoplepc.com
      • James Dempsey
        Message 3 of 5 , Apr 6, 2007
          Hi,

          Yes, it is the same issue. That one has been fixed now - you can try the
          latest autobuild to confirm it.

          Cheers,
          James Dempsey
          PCGen Code SB

          On 7/04/2007 12:17 AM bebberd wrote
          > This sounds like the issue that is currently plaguing Psions. For example my current character has

        • Thomas Jannes
          Message 4 of 5 , Apr 9, 2007
            Took me a while to test this, but is indeed fixed. Great !

            I still get the warning that the character is losing all Weapon
            Proficiencies though. I thought this had already been fixed right
            after release of 5.11.12 but I must have misread.

            Thomas/Chipoulou

            > Yes, it is the same issue. That one has been fixed now - you can try
            the
            > latest autobuild to confirm it.
            >
            > Cheers,
            > James Dempsey
            > PCGen Code SB
            >
            > On 7/04/2007 12:17 AM bebberd wrote
            > > This sounds like the issue that is currently plaguing Psions. For
            example my current character has

            > >> just installed 5.11.12, and after cleaning out all my Customised
            data, I
            > >> have no warnings anymore. So I join in with the others, throwing out
            > >> bananas and assorted monkey snacks to all.
            > >>
            > >> I have one issue small issue though, which I am unsure where it
            should
            > >> be handled.
            > >>
            > >> I have for my campaign a customised class that can cast from
            cleric and
            > >> paladin spell lists. Let's call it a Cleradin. I coded him like this:
            > >>
            > >> CLASS:Cleradin SPELLSTAT:WIS BONUSSPELLSTAT:None
            > >> SPELLTYPE:Divine

            KNOWNSPELLS:LEVEL=0|LEVEL=1|LEVEL=2|LEVEL=3|LEVEL=4|LEVEL=5|LEVEL=6
            > >> BONUS:CASTERLEVEL|Cleraladin|CL SPELLLIST:2|Cleric|Paladin
            > >>
            > >> The issue I have is with the SPELLIST:2|Cleric|Paladin. Every time I
            > >> load the character, he gives me two popups to choose the two
            Spellists.
            > >> If I save every time, the .pcg file turns out to contain
            > >>
            > >> SPELLLIST:Cleradin|Cleric|Paladin|Cleric|Paladin
            > >>
            > >> And for every new save, Cleric|Paladin gets added once more.
            > >>
            > >> I cannot guarantee I am doing nothing wrong, but it seems that
            there is
            > >> some disfunction in the opening/saving of this kind of characters.
            > >>
            > >> Thomas/Chipoulou

          • James Dempsey
            Message 5 of 5 , Apr 9, 2007
              Hi Thomas,

              On 10/04/2007 6:55 AM Thomas Jannes wrote
              > Took me a while to test this, but is indeed fixed. Great !

              Excellent news.

              > I still get the warning that the character is losing all Weapon
              > Proficiencies though. I thought this had already been fixed right
              > after release of 5.11.12 but I must have misread.

              That one was fixed yesterday, so should be right in the latest autobuild
              now.

              James Dempsey
              PCGen Code SB