PCGen 5.11.12 (BETA) released!

  • Martijn Verburg
    Message 1 of 4 , Apr 5 1:15 AM
      Hi all,

      PCGen and their official sponsor Silven Publishing are delighted to
      announce the first Beta in the 5.12 series, release notes at
      https://sourceforge.net/project/shownotes.php?release_id=498816

      Well this is the beginning of the end for the 5.12 release. The entire
      team will now focus on bug stomping, documentation and general tidy up.

      Karianna
    • pkukwork
      Message 2 of 4 , Apr 5 8:03 AM
        wrote:

        > PCGen and their official sponsor Silven Publishing are delighted to
        > announce the first Beta in the 5.12 series, release notes at
        > https://sourceforge.net/project/shownotes.php?release_id=498816

        Great ! Overall, I must say it works really well, much better than the
        previous one, and I will switch to this one to maintain my campaign.

        > Well this is the beginning of the end for the 5.12 release. The entire
        > team will now focus on bug stomping, documentation and general tidy up.

        Still a few glitches that I have noticed, though:

        There is a BIG pop-up at each character load showing "no longer
        profficient with....(all proficiencies)" Although the proficiency seem
        untouched.

        This is echoed by the traces when I run the generator in batch mode:
        No longer proficient with following weapon(s):
        Axe (Throwing), Battleaxe, Club, Crossbow (Heavy), Crossbow (Light),
        Dagger, Dagger (Punching), Dart, Falchion, Flail, Flail (Heavy),
        Gauntlet, Gauntlet (Spiked), Glaive, Greataxe, Greatclub, Greatsword,
        Guisarme, Halberd, Hammer (Gnome Hooked), Hammer (Light), Handaxe,
        Javelin, Kukri, Lance, Longspear, Longsword, Mace (Heavy), Mace
        (Light), Maul (Martial), Morningstar, Pick (Dire/Martial), Pick
        (Heavy), Pick (Light), Quarterstaff, Ranseur, Rapier, Sap, Scimitar,
        Scythe, Shieldbash (Heavy), Shieldbash (Light), Shortbow, Shortspear,
        Sickle, Sling, Spear, Spells(Ray), Spiked Armor, Sword (Bastard),
        Sword (Short), Trident, Unarmed Strike, Waraxe (Dwarven), Warhammer,
        Warmace (Martial)

        ==========================

        Also, a new thing:
        FOLLOWERALIGN deprecated. Tag was 012345678 in None of Wizards of the
        Coast - Revised (v.3.5) System Reference Document. Use PREALIGN on
        the deity's domains instead.

        I had to update all my custom files, but the one above is still coming
        from a srd file (deities.lst) in the srd 3.5

        So, now, only 4 warnings remain in my generations, the two above, and
        the failing UDAM (as mentioned before)...

        Cheers,

        Philippe
      • Ludovic Fierville
        Message 3 of 4 , Apr 5 8:14 AM
          On Macintosh, the splash screen (the one with the PCGen logo) still
          says Alpha, not Beta.

          If I understand the topic of this message, it should be Beta.

          Reeeeally minor, just my 2 cents :)

          Ludo

          Le 5 avr. 07 à 10:15, Martijn Verburg a écrit :

          > Hi all,
          >
          > PCGen and their official sponsor Silven Publishing are delighted to
          > announce the first Beta in the 5.12 series, release notes at
          > https://sourceforge.net/project/shownotes.php?release_id=498816
          >
          > Well this is the beginning of the end for the 5.12 release. The entire
          > team will now focus on bug stomping, documentation and general tidy
          > up.
          >
          > Karianna

          > PCGen's Online Docs: http://pcgen.sourceforge.net/autobuilds/pcgen-
          > docs/
          > Yahoo! Groups Links

        • James Dempsey
          Message 4 of 4 , Apr 5 3:20 PM
            Hi Ludo,

            On 6/04/2007 1:14 AM Ludovic Fierville wrote
            > On Macintosh, the splash screen (the one with the PCGen logo) still
            > says Alpha, not Beta.
            >
            > If I understand the topic of this message, it should be Beta.

            Yep, I forgot to switch it over to the beta one when I was preparing the
            release. I realised yesterday and have fixed it in the code now.

            James Dempsey
            PCGen Code SB