Descriptions Don't Stick When Using List Editor

  • allencohn
    Message 1 of 4 , Apr 5, 2007
      Hi everyone,

      I'm using the List Editor within PCGen to create a custom Feat. The
      text I type into the Description field doesn't seem to be saved.

      Any suggestions?

      Many thanks,
      Allen
    • James Dempsey
      Message 2 of 4 , Apr 5, 2007
        Hi Allen,

        On 05/04/07, allencohn <allen@...> wrote:
        > Hi everyone,
        >
        > I'm using the List Editor within PCGen to create a custom Feat. The
        > text I type into the Description field doesn't seem to be saved.
        >
        > Any suggestions?

        Are there any special characters (i.e. not letters, numbers or spaces)
        in the text you are entering, particularly tabs?

        Otherwise it is most likely a bug - what version of PCGen are you using?

        James Dempsey
        PCGen Code SB
      • allencohn
        Message 3 of 4 , Apr 5, 2007
          Hi James,

          No special characters. I just loaded 5.11.12.

          Allen

          PS: Also, whenever I load a character, I immediately get a warning
          that the character is no longer proficient in all of its weapons (but
          when I preview or export to PDF it is still)

          PPS: You fixed the formatting problems with the description fields
          when exporting to PDF--yay!

          --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, "James Dempsey" <jdempsey@...> wrote:
          > [snip]

          > Are there any special characters (i.e. not letters, numbers or
          spaces)
          > in the text you are entering, particularly tabs?
          >
          > Otherwise it is most likely a bug - what version of PCGen are you
          using?

          > --
          > Cheers,
          > James Dempsey
        • James Dempsey
          Message 4 of 4 , Apr 5, 2007
            Hi Allen,

            On 5/04/2007 5:26 PM allencohn wrote
            > Hi James,
            >
            > No special characters. I just loaded 5.11.12.

            OK, I'll check that out.

            > Allen
            >
            > PS: Also, whenever I load a character, I immediately get a warning
            > that the character is no longer proficient in all of its weapons (but
            > when I preview or export to PDF it is still)

            Yep we know about that one, the aim is to have it fixed in 5.11.13

            > PPS: You fixed the formatting problems with the description fields
            > when exporting to PDF--yay!

            :)

            James Dempsey
            PCGen Code SB