Re: Temporary bonuses

  • krazhit
    Message 1 of 21 , Apr 4 3:45 PM
      > using this feature requires me to recode the RSRD files each time I
      > upgrade.

      There I can help.
      Just do a .MOD in your custom files... like:
      Resistance.MOD
      BONUS:CHECKS|Fortitude,Reflex,Will|1|TYPE=Resistance|PREAPPLY:ANYPC

      I keep my custom files in a completely different folder, and point to
      them via the "PCGen Vendor Data Directory"
    • krazhit
      Message 2 of 21 , Apr 4 4:31 PM
        > I would prefer that Temporary bonuses defaulted to OFF... or even
        better, had a selectable switch for each bonus, allowing the user to
        select whether a specific bonus defaulted to ON or OFF.

        That is my thought exactly, there has been an open tracker for this
        functionality for a while now, but it keeps getting pushed back.
        [ 1507714 ] Remember PREAPPLY status in Preview tab

        I would like to attempt, in the vain hope that many actually use this
        superb feature of PCGen to rally support for pushing it up the schedule.
        To be perfectly honest the current implementation is starting to
        retract from my enjoyment of using this great program.
      • Nigel Bennington
        Message 3 of 21 , Apr 14 6:37 AM
          Yep, I use them.

          I print out a character sheet with no bonuses, then the front page
          (stats & combat) for various common buff spells, so I have the numbers
          readily to hand.

          As an aside, it would be nice to be able to label an outputsheet, rather
          than write the mods list in pen afterwords :)

          Coromir.