Re: [pcgen] Chameleon class from Races of Destiny

  • Alvise Nicoletti
    Message 1 of 3 , Apr 2, 2007
      I have this problem with the Artifice too, however, a total implementation
      of the class is not important for me, I just need skills, hit points, and
      BAB defined... the bonus feats and other stuff can be done by the player (of
      course I'm the master).

      I did the class myself editing a cleric of the basic dataset, and it works
      good ;)

      2007/4/2, psionmagez <jpabst_@...>:

      > I've never created a class before and after reading through stuff, I'm
      > not sure exactly how you'd make this prestige class. I don't have the
      > Races of Destiny supplement from CMP, but I'd be willing to pay for it.
      >
      > The prestige class allows you to cast spells from either arcane and
      > divine , depending on what focus you were using at the time (would
      > probably be simple to just make it with it's own custom spell list and
      > switch between spellbooks when you swap between the arcane and divine
      > focus). The problem is later on in the prestige class when you can
      > have BOTH arcane AND divine at the same time.
      >
      > How do you make a class have 2 seperate spell slot allocations for
      > different spell books? Any idea on how to make that work? or how CMP
      > made the class work? I'm really at a loss.
      >
      > I've done some pretty extensive searching in google and in this group
      > (thought the search functionality in this group doesn't seem to be as
      > advanced as I'd hope). I only found one instance where anyone was
      > even thinking about making this class, and it was a side-note.
      >
      > Any help would be great.

    • Terry FitzSimons
      Message 2 of 3 , Apr 2, 2007
        If you will note, on page 2, right above the Wizard logo is a paragraph
        saying:

        "This Wizard of the Coast(R) game product contains no Open Game Content..."
        Which means that its not being worked on here till we (PcGen) get a license
        to do so. That being pointed out, you need to move this conversation to the
        PCGenListFileHelp@yahoogroups.com discussion group. I'm sending a copy
        over there so they know what is going on.

        Have you looked through the docs that are with the download
        (pcgen\docs\navlistindex.html), or the FAQ?
        (pcgen\docs\faqpages\faqiwannahelp.html), or the lessons?
        (pcgen\docs\listfilepages\lstfileclass\lstfileclass_heading.html)

        Since you can't use the class name in the group, normally you announce that
        you want to do class Foo out of Wizard book Rod and that you want to know
        how to set up the class that has the requirements of being human; skills of
        bluff-8, disguise-8; feats of x & y;next thing; next thing... Be nice and
        don't list them all, just that you need it in the example.

        >On Mon, 2 Apr 2007 21:51:58 +0200, "Alvise Nicoletti" <alvise.nicoletti@...> wrote:
        >
        >I have this problem with the Artifice too, however, a total implementation
        >of the class is not important for me, I just need skills, hit points, and
        >BAB defined... the bonus feats and other stuff can be done by the player (of
        >course I'm the master).

        If you have a spread sheet program, just go through the data\ directory and
        pull out all of the formulas and have them do the 20 or so levels, then
        just search for the progression that you need for the BAB