Chameleon class from Races of Destiny

  • psionmagez
    Message 1 of 3 , Apr 2, 2007
      I've never created a class before and after reading through stuff, I'm
      not sure exactly how you'd make this prestige class. I don't have the
      Races of Destiny supplement from CMP, but I'd be willing to pay for it.

      The prestige class allows you to cast spells from either arcane and
      divine , depending on what focus you were using at the time (would
      probably be simple to just make it with it's own custom spell list and
      switch between spellbooks when you swap between the arcane and divine
      focus). The problem is later on in the prestige class when you can
      have BOTH arcane AND divine at the same time.

      How do you make a class have 2 seperate spell slot allocations for
      different spell books? Any idea on how to make that work? or how CMP
      made the class work? I'm really at a loss.

      I've done some pretty extensive searching in google and in this group
      (thought the search functionality in this group doesn't seem to be as
      advanced as I'd hope). I only found one instance where anyone was
      even thinking about making this class, and it was a side-note.

      Any help would be great.
    • Alvise Nicoletti
      Message 2 of 3 , Apr 2, 2007
        I have this problem with the Artifice too, however, a total implementation
        of the class is not important for me, I just need skills, hit points, and
        BAB defined... the bonus feats and other stuff can be done by the player (of
        course I'm the master).

        I did the class myself editing a cleric of the basic dataset, and it works
        good ;)

        2007/4/2, psionmagez <jpabst_@...>:

        > I've never created a class before and after reading through stuff, I'm
        > not sure exactly how you'd make this prestige class. I don't have the
        > Races of Destiny supplement from CMP, but I'd be willing to pay for it.
        >
        > The prestige class allows you to cast spells from either arcane and
        > divine , depending on what focus you were using at the time (would
        > probably be simple to just make it with it's own custom spell list and
        > switch between spellbooks when you swap between the arcane and divine
        > focus). The problem is later on in the prestige class when you can
        > have BOTH arcane AND divine at the same time.
        >
        > How do you make a class have 2 seperate spell slot allocations for
        > different spell books? Any idea on how to make that work? or how CMP
        > made the class work? I'm really at a loss.
        >
        > I've done some pretty extensive searching in google and in this group
        > (thought the search functionality in this group doesn't seem to be as
        > advanced as I'd hope). I only found one instance where anyone was
        > even thinking about making this class, and it was a side-note.
        >
        > Any help would be great.

      • Terry FitzSimons
        Message 3 of 3 , Apr 2, 2007
          If you will note, on page 2, right above the Wizard logo is a paragraph
          saying:

          "This Wizard of the Coast(R) game product contains no Open Game Content..."
          Which means that its not being worked on here till we (PcGen) get a license
          to do so. That being pointed out, you need to move this conversation to the
          PCGenListFileHelp@yahoogroups.com discussion group. I'm sending a copy
          over there so they know what is going on.

          Have you looked through the docs that are with the download
          (pcgen\docs\navlistindex.html), or the FAQ?
          (pcgen\docs\faqpages\faqiwannahelp.html), or the lessons?
          (pcgen\docs\listfilepages\lstfileclass\lstfileclass_heading.html)

          Since you can't use the class name in the group, normally you announce that
          you want to do class Foo out of Wizard book Rod and that you want to know
          how to set up the class that has the requirements of being human; skills of
          bluff-8, disguise-8; feats of x & y;next thing; next thing... Be nice and
          don't list them all, just that you need it in the example.

          >On Mon, 2 Apr 2007 21:51:58 +0200, "Alvise Nicoletti" <alvise.nicoletti@...> wrote:
          >
          >I have this problem with the Artifice too, however, a total implementation
          >of the class is not important for me, I just need skills, hit points, and
          >BAB defined... the bonus feats and other stuff can be done by the player (of
          >course I'm the master).

          If you have a spread sheet program, just go through the data\ directory and
          pull out all of the formulas and have them do the 20 or so levels, then
          just search for the progression that you need for the BAB