5.11.10 Autobuild Equipment ordering problem

  • Brad Stiles
    Message 1 of 11 , Mar 24, 2007
      Windows XP Media Center Edition (Windows XP Pro), all critical upgrades
      applied as of 2007-03-24

      PCGen 5.11.10 autobuild
      <built-at>2007-03-24 01:15 +1100</built-at>

      Java -version reports:
      java version "1.6.0"
      Java(TM) SE Runtime Environment (build 1.6.0-b105)
      Java HotSpot(TM) Client VM (build 1.6.0-b105, mixed mode)

      Start PCGen, and after setting paths:
      - Load RSRD Basic, RSRD Monsters
      - Set all ability scores to 10
      - Alignment: LN
      - Race Human (on Race tab)
      - Class Monk (on Class tab)
      Choose Improved Grapple
      Choose Outfit (Monk's)

      Skills tab
      Balance 4
      Hide 4
      Jump 4
      Move Silently 4
      Tumble 4

      Feats tab
      Blind Fight
      Improved Initiative

      Inventory/Gear tab ("Treat weapons in hand as equipped for attacks" option
      is set.
      Uncheck Auto-sort output

      Items already listed (in order of appearance in the pane itself):
      Item Order number
      Flurry of Blows 1
      Outfit (Monk's) 0

      Add Unarmed Strike, Kama and Crossbox (Light), in that order. Items appear
      in alphabetical order as they are added.
      Item Order number
      Crossbow (Light) 4
      Flurry of Blows 1
      Kama 3
      Outfit (Monk's) 0
      Unarmed Strike 2

      Switch to the preview tab, and back, without doing anything else (Nothing is
      equipped, so nothing appears on the sheet).
      The items now appear in this order:
      Item Order number
      Crossbow (Light) 4
      Flurry of Blows 4
      Kama 3
      Outfit (Monk's) 0
      Unarmed Strike 2

      Change Flurry of Blows to "1". Items appear as follows:
      Crossbow (Light) 4
      Flurry of Blows 1
      Kama 3
      Outfit (Monk's) 6
      Unarmed Strike 2

      Switch to the preview tab and back, again without doing anything:
      Crossbow (Light) 4
      Flurry of Blows 4
      Kama 3
      Outfit (Monk's) 6
      Unarmed Strike 2

      Change Flurry of Blows to "1" again. Items appear as follows:
      Crossbow (Light) 4
      Flurry of Blows 1
      Kama 3
      Outfit (Monk's) 6
      Unarmed Strike 2

      Switch to Inventory/Equipping tab
      Equip the items in the folling order:
      Crossbow (Light), carried
      Unarmed Strike, unarmed
      Flurry of Blows, unarmed
      Kama, carried
      Outfit (Monk's)

      The default set shows the items in alphabetical order

      Crossbow (Light) 4
      Flurry of Blows 4
      Kama 3
      Outfit (Monk's) 6
      Unarmed Strike 2

      Change Flurry of Blows to "1" again and press the "Order" column header.
      Items now appear as follow:
      Flurry of Blows 1
      Unarmed Strike 2
      Kama 3
      Crossbow (Light) 4
      Outfit (Monk's) 6

      Switch to the preview tab, and now that the items are equipped, they appear,
      but in the wrong order:
      Unarmed
      *Unarmed Strike
      Kama
      Crossbow
      *Flurry of Blows

      Switch back to Inventory/Gear, and the items now appear as follows:
      Unarmed Strike 2
      Kama 3
      Crossbow (Light) 4
      Flurry of Blows 4
      Outfit (Monk's) 6

      Changing the order again, and print previewing to HTML results in the same
      order.

      15:27
    • Paul W. King
      Message 2 of 11 , Mar 24, 2007
        Have you tried with the newest release, 5.11.11?

        Paul W. King
        PR SB, BoD
      • Brad Stiles
        Message 3 of 11 , Mar 24, 2007
          > From: Paul W. King

          > Have you tried with the newest release, 5.11.11?

          No, because the 5.11.11 autobuild wasn't available when I downloaded this
          morning. Are you suggesting that it might be fixed now?

          I'll certainly try it.

          Brad

          15:27
        • Brad Stiles
          Message 4 of 11 , Mar 24, 2007
            > Have you tried with the newest release, 5.11.11?

            Using the same machine, etc, the only difference being 5.11.11 instead of
            5.11.10, I execute the same steps and get the same results. Exactly the
            same.

            15:27
          • Eddy Anthony
            Message 5 of 11 , Mar 24, 2007
              Hi Brad
              I followed your recipe and duplicated your results exactly. The problem
              here seems to be specific to equipment that is granted automatically as the
              Flurry of Blows is to the Monk. I also have found similar problems with
              natural weapons although not quite the same. Automatic equipment will let
              you input a different order number, it just reverts when you go to another
              tab. Natural weapons does not except a new order number al all although the
              field lets you put one in, it reverts immediately.

              The desired behavior here is that the user should be able to sort all of
              the equipment, no mater the origin, however they want it.

              Trackered:
              [ 1687674 ] Cannot change output order on automatic equipment
              <https://sourceforge.net/tracker/index.php?func=detail&aid=1687674&group_id=
              25576&atid=384719>

              Brad Stiles scribed:

              --
              ~ Eddy Anthony (MoSaT)
            • Brad Stiles
              Message 6 of 11 , Mar 25, 2007
                > Trackered:
                > [ 1687674 ] Cannot change output order on automatic equipment

                <https://sourceforge.net/tracker/index.php?func=detail&aid=1687674&group_id=
                25576&atid=384719>

                Thanks Eddy.

                Brad

                Message 7 of 11 , Mar 25, 2007
                  > exactly. The problem here seems to be specific to equipment
                  > that is granted automatically as the Flurry of Blows is to
                  > the Monk.

                  On that note, is there some reason that the Unarmed Strike equipment item
                  isn't added to the Monk automatically as well?

                  16:36
                • Eddy Anthony
                  Message 8 of 11 , Mar 25, 2007
                    Brad Stiles scribed:

                    > On that note, is there some reason that the Unarmed Strike equipment item
                    > isn't added to the Monk automatically as well?

                    I can think of a couple of reasons. Flurry of Blows is specific to Monk
                    while all characters are able to use Unarmed Strike and the Unarmed Strike
                    equipment item is not automatically added to all characters. It not really
                    necessary since the standard output sheets have an Unarmed Strike block that
                    is not dependant on that equipment item.
                    --
                    ~ Eddy Anthony (MoSaT)
                  • Tir Gwaith
                    Message 9 of 11 , Mar 25, 2007
                      > > On that note, is there some reason that the Unarmed Strike equipment item
                      > > isn't added to the Monk automatically as well?
                      >
                      > I can think of a couple of reasons. Flurry of Blows is specific to Monk
                      > while all characters are able to use Unarmed Strike and the Unarmed Strike
                      > equipment item is not automatically added to all characters. It not really
                      > necessary since the standard output sheets have an Unarmed Strike block that
                      > is not dependant on that equipment item.

                      And doesn't require a user to equip it - that's why we haven't done
                      anything with it - to do that hasn't been necessary, and would add
                      another step the user would have to do to output correctly.

                      PCGen LST Chimp
                    • Brad Stiles
                      Message 10 of 11 , Mar 26, 2007
                        > > > On that note, is there some reason that the Unarmed Strike equipment item
                        > > > isn't added to the Monk automatically as well?
                        > >
                        > > I can think of a couple of reasons. Flurry of Blows is specific to Monk
                        > > while all characters are able to use Unarmed Strike and the Unarmed Strike
                        > > equipment item is not automatically added to all characters. It not really
                        > > necessary since the standard output sheets have an Unarmed Strike block that
                        > > is not dependant on that equipment item.
                        >
                        > And doesn't require a user to equip it - that's why we haven't done
                        > anything with it - to do that hasn't been necessary, and would add
                        > another step the user would have to do to output correctly.

                        I really need to pay more attention to my character sheets. I've been using PCGen since shortly before Bryan converted it to Java. And *now* I notice that the default unarmed item has been fixed, and only because you guys pointed it out. When did that happen?

                        <sigh>

                        I take it then, that the Unarmed Strike item still has it's uses, such as something to hang Improved Unarmed Attack off of, otherwise somebody would have removed it.

                        Brad
                      • Tir Gwaith
                        Message 11 of 11 , Mar 26, 2007
                          > I really need to pay more attention to my character sheets. I've been using PCGen since shortly before Bryan converted it to Java. And *now* I notice that the default unarmed item has been fixed, and only because you guys pointed it out. When did that happen?

                          A good while ago, I thought. 2 years, maybe? Don't feel bad, it
                          happens to me, too.

                          > I take it then, that the Unarmed Strike item still has it's uses, such as something to hang Improved Unarmed Attack off of, otherwise somebody would have removed it.

                          It allows us to grant bonuses to Unarmed Strikes. :)

                          PCGen LST Chimp