Re: [5.10.2] Problem loading sources with full zip version

  • griepent
    Message 1 of 5 , Mar 22, 2007
      --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, "James Dempsey" <jdempsey@...> wrote:

      > Hi,
      >

      > On 23/03/07, griepent <griepent@...> wrote:
      > > --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, "Jeremy Turnley" <jeremyturnley@> wrote:

      > > > following

      > > > (LstObjectFileLo
      > > > (LstObjectFileL
      > > > (LstSystemLoader.j
      > > > (PersistenceManager
      pcgen.gui.MainSource.loadCampaigns(MainSource.java:1048)

      > > > PCGen
      > > > machine.
      Are
      > > > instead

      > > > I believe that as of 5.10, you need the Java 1.5; that may be a part
      > > > of your issue.
      > > >

      > > Thanks, but I just checked the release notes for 5.10.2 and it says
      > > Java 1.4.x or Java 5.
      > >

      > One thing to check - when you run pcgen is the current directory the
      > pcgen directory?
      >
      > Also, there is a pcgen.bat file shipped in the full zip. Have you
      > tried that one? Does it work?
      >
      > Cheers,
      > James Dempsey
      > PCGen Code SB

      Hi, thanks for the replies. It looks to me that 5.10.2 only runs on
      Java 5 like Jeremy said. I was able to get the first exception that
      occurred:

      Error parsing file
      'file:/C:/temp/pcgen5102/data/d20ogl/srd35/basics/rsrd_races_
      _animals.lst' line '6': java.math.BigDecimal.<init>(I)V
      Ignoring error
      java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: java.math.BigDecimal.<init>(I)V
      at pcgen.util.BigDecimalHelper.<clinit>(BigDecimalHelper.java:35)
      at pcgen.core.Equipment.<init>(Equipment.java:140)

      I took a look at the source and this is:
      public static final BigDecimal ZERO = new BigDecimal(0);

      Java 1.4 only has String and double constructors for BigDecimal.

      Should I submit a bug to get the release notes updated?

      Karl