Re: [pcgen] Ubuntu Install Problem

  • Rene
    Message 1 of 18 , Mar 5 6:34 AM
      My apologies for the reply taking so long I was away for the weekend.
      Ubuntu 6.06 LTS - the Dapper Drake - released in June 2006.
      /home/rene/pcgen5101
      I start the program by launching this file pcgen.jar using sun java 5.0
      runtime
      on intial launch I get this
      launch screen shot
      main window

      Settings -> Game mode/campaign will not have any selections located
      within it.

      I got to Settings -> preferences ->location
      preference pic

      Since it will not find the files here I change path to read
      (at this point my options.ini file is 4.9 KB)
      changed

      I created the folders vendor and port as they were not there and no
      obvious folders exist.
      I click ok and there is no change to the options available
      I exit the program (at this point my options.ini file is 4.9 KB)
      after restart

      Game mode/campaign is now missing from the menu
      exiting again now makes my options.ini file 6.5 KB
      reboot is the same issue

      Your assistance is much appreciated.

      Also the first time this issue manifested I would get an error my ini
      was correct after the third reboot and that I had to delete it. I was
      unablt to replecate this error this morning.