Re: [pcgen] Ars Magica character creation?

  • Eddy Anthony
    Message 1 of 4 , Mar 2, 2007
      On 3/2/07 10:17 AM, "Joe Yeti Kundlak" <joeyeti@...> wrote:

      > Hi guys,
      >
      > does anyone work on an Ars Magica Character Creation addition to
      > PCGEN?
      >
      > Is it possible to be added?
      >
      > Joe

      Doubtful, certainly not anytime in the near future.

      There are several road blocks, the primary one being that PCGen is primarily
      geared towards d20 games and Ars Magica does not fall into that category.
      The other issue is that Ars Magica is not released under the OGL so we would
      need explicit permission to do it from the publisher.

      Long ago I played the third edition of the game, I don't know the current
      game but I believe some bit of code work would need to be done to handle it.
      --
      ~ Eddy Anthony (MoSaT)
    • Joey Derrico
      Message 2 of 4 , Mar 2, 2007
        Most magic characters get bonus spells per day based on the main
        attribute. i.e. wizards get bonus spells per day based on intelligence
        bonus. PCGen never lets me give those bonus spells in the prep list. How
        can I get it to prepare those bonus spells?
        Message 3 of 4 , Mar 2, 2007
          Standard questions first:
          What version of PCGen and what class IS NOT giving your bonus spells?

          -
          The Bonus Spells should already be calculated in how many times per day
          you cast a spell. I'm not sure I understand the 'Prep list' or you
          saying it's not allowing you to Choose the correct amount of spells per
          level that you can cast?

          -Andrew