Ars Magica character creation?

  • Joe Yeti Kundlak
    Message 1 of 4 , Mar 2, 2007
      Hi guys,

      does anyone work on an Ars Magica Character Creation addition to
      PCGEN?

      Is it possible to be added?

      Joe
    • Eddy Anthony
      Message 2 of 4 , Mar 2, 2007
        On 3/2/07 10:17 AM, "Joe Yeti Kundlak" <joeyeti@...> wrote:

        > Hi guys,
        >
        > does anyone work on an Ars Magica Character Creation addition to
        > PCGEN?
        >
        > Is it possible to be added?
        >
        > Joe

        Doubtful, certainly not anytime in the near future.

        There are several road blocks, the primary one being that PCGen is primarily
        geared towards d20 games and Ars Magica does not fall into that category.
        The other issue is that Ars Magica is not released under the OGL so we would
        need explicit permission to do it from the publisher.

        Long ago I played the third edition of the game, I don't know the current
        game but I believe some bit of code work would need to be done to handle it.
        --
        ~ Eddy Anthony (MoSaT)
      • Joey Derrico
        Message 3 of 4 , Mar 2, 2007
          Most magic characters get bonus spells per day based on the main
          attribute. i.e. wizards get bonus spells per day based on intelligence
          bonus. PCGen never lets me give those bonus spells in the prep list. How
          can I get it to prepare those bonus spells?
          Message 4 of 4 , Mar 2, 2007
            Standard questions first:
            What version of PCGen and what class IS NOT giving your bonus spells?

            -
            The Bonus Spells should already be calculated in how many times per day
            you cast a spell. I'm not sure I understand the 'Prep list' or you
            saying it's not allowing you to Choose the correct amount of spells per
            level that you can cast?

            -Andrew