slowness and mw composite longbow (+3 str)

  • wateva122
    Message 1 of 10 , Feb 25, 2007
      pcgen works so very slowly, what can i do to speed it up?

      i loaded the rsrd source and i want to equipe my character with a mw
      composite (+3) longbow, but there is only a composite (+0) longbow.

      thanks in advance.
    • Paul W. King
      Message 2 of 10 , Feb 25, 2007
        > pcgen works so very slowly, what can i do to speed it up?

        What versions of java and PCGen are you using? How are you launching
        PCGen?

        > i loaded the rsrd source and i want to equipe my character with a mw
        > composite (+3) longbow, but there is only a composite (+0) longbow.

        Left-click on the longbow to customize.

        Paul W. King
        PR SB, BoD
      • Eric C. Smith
        Message 3 of 10 , Feb 25, 2007
          Greetings.

          On Feb 25, 2007, at 11:35 AM, wateva122 wrote:
          > i loaded the rsrd source and i want to equipe my character with a mw
          > composite (+3) longbow, but there is only a composite (+0) longbow.

          You must use the 'ITem Customizer' to produce the desired weapon:

          1. While in the Inventory/Gear tab, you will need to right-click on
          'Composite Longbow STR' and select 'Create custom item' on the
          contextual-menu. The 'Item Customizer' will appear.
          2. Select 'Masterworks' followed by the 'Add' button. This moves
          'Masterworks into the right column and updates the weapons cost and
          description.
          3. Select 'Bow_STR' followed by the 'Add' button to move that
          enhancement to the right column which will call up the 'Select STR
          mod' window.
          4. In the "Select STR mod' window scroll down to '+3', select it, and
          hit the 'Add' button.
          5. 'Close' the 'Select STR mod' window.
          5. You may now 'Buy' the weapon by hitting the 'Buy' button at the
          botton right of the 'Item Customizer' window.

          The 'Composite Longbow STR (+3)' will be added to your inventory and
          may be equiped as a regular weapon.

          Maredudd
        • Eric C. Smith
          Message 4 of 10 , Feb 25, 2007
            Greetings

            Message 5 of 10 , Feb 25, 2007
              --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, "Paul W. King" <paulking.rhochi@...>
              wrote:

              > > pcgen works so very slowly, what can i do to speed it up?
              >
              > What versions of java and PCGen are you using? How are you launching
              > PCGen?
              >
              > > i loaded the rsrd source and i want to equipe my character with a
              mw
              > > composite (+3) longbow, but there is only a composite (+0)
              longbow.

              > Left-click on the longbow to customize.
              >
              > Paul W. King
              > PR SB, BoD

              pcgen v. 5.10.1 and java v. 5.0.110.3
              i start pcgen by double clicking on the shortcut on my desktop
            • Paul W. King
              Message 6 of 10 , Feb 26, 2007
                > i start pcgen by double clicking on the shortcut on my desktop

                Shortcut on your desktop? You must've used an installer, which I don't.
                What is the path and name of the file the shortcut points to?

                Paul W. King
                PR SB, BoD
              • Tom Parker
                Message 7 of 10 , Feb 26, 2007
                  --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, "wateva122" <wateva122@...> wrote:

                  > --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, "Paul W. King" <paulking.rhochi@>
                  > wrote:

                  > > > pcgen works so very slowly, what can i do to speed it up?

                  > > What versions of java and PCGen are you using? How are you launching
                  > > PCGen?

                  > pcgen v. 5.10.1 and java v. 5.0.110.3
                  > i start pcgen by double clicking on the shortcut on my desktop

                  What part is slow, launch or operation?

                  Can you define in seconds how long it takes to launch? Also, what is
                  the processor speed, OS, and memory in the machine?
                • Alvise Nicoletti
                  Message 8 of 10 , Mar 1, 2007
                    Sorry... I tryed to do the same things to have a composite bow +1 but when i
                    select the "masterwork" properity the "add" button remains grayed...

                    How to add it in the right column? No properity enable the grayed "add"
                    button.

                    Message 9 of 10 , Mar 2, 2007
                      Greetings Alvise.

                      When selecting the composite bow you will need to select the
                      'Composite Longbow STR', not the 'Composite +0 Longbow STR0'.
                      (Substitute 'Shortbow' if it is the shortbow you are interested in.)

                      The lst file containing the composite bows (rsrd_equip_ranged.lst)
                      has two of each, one of which is not modifiable, 'Composite +0
                      Longbow STR, while the other, 'Composite Longbow STR', does allow
                      modification.

                      Oh, by the way, I made a mistake in my previous instructions . . .
                      you DO NOT have to add 'Masterworks' to add the STR bonus. Once you
                      have called up the 'Item Customizer', you can select 'Bow_STR' and
                      then hit the '>' button to move it into the right column. The
                      'Select STR mod' window will appear and you can complete your
                      selection and then buy the item.

                      Maredudd

                      Message 10 of 10 , Mar 2, 2007
                        thanks, now it works.

                        What about the "wrong stats of the evolved pg error" ?

                        I have to do again all the character or it is possible to re-calculate the
                        skill-feats number when changing race-stats?