PCGen 5.11.8 released

  • Paul W. King
    Message 1 of 11 , Feb 18, 2007
      PCGen ( http://pcgen.sf.net/ ) and its sponsor Silven Publishing (
      http://www.silven.com/ ) are pleased to announce the release of PCGen 5.11.8
      (release notes (
      https://sourceforge.net/docman/display_doc.php?docid=44476&group_id=25576 ))
      .

      Paul W. King
      PR SB, BoD

    • Tir Gwaith
      Message 2 of 11 , Feb 18, 2007
        Release notes seem to be missing the trackers I closed yesterday....

        PCGen LST Chimp
      • James Dempsey
        Message 3 of 11 , Feb 18, 2007
          Hi Tir,

          On 18/02/2007 11:57 PM Tir Gwaith wrote
          > Release notes seem to be missing the trackers I closed yesterday....

          I don't get any emails for data trackers - if any are closed late,
          someone needs to let me know, otherwise I don't know to include them
          unfortunately.

          If someone can update the wiki roadmap with the closed trackers I'll
          update the release notes on the site.

          James Dempsey
          PCGen Code SB
        • Axel
          Message 4 of 11 , Feb 18, 2007
            Have you checked that PcGen thinks you are using 3.0 or 3.5 in settings\game campaign mode, sometimes it is flaky as to which rule set it uses

            Message 5 of 11 , Feb 18, 2007
              > I don't get any emails for data trackers - if any are closed late,
              > someone needs to let me know, otherwise I don't know to include them
              > unfortunately.
              >
              > If someone can update the wiki roadmap with the closed trackers I'll
              > update the release notes on the site.

              Updated the Wiki. We need a better way: closing tracker, update wiki,
              update XML on the SVN repository. Too many places just to close an
              issue.

              PCGen LST Chimp
            • James Dempsey
              Message 6 of 11 , Feb 18, 2007
                Hi Tir,

                On 19/02/07, Tir Gwaith <Tir.Gwaith@...> wrote:
                > > I don't get any emails for data trackers - if any are closed late,
                > > someone needs to let me know, otherwise I don't know to include them
                > > unfortunately.
                > >
                > > If someone can update the wiki roadmap with the closed trackers I'll
                > > update the release notes on the site.
                >
                > Updated the Wiki. We need a better way: closing tracker, update wiki,
                > update XML on the SVN repository. Too many places just to close an
                > issue.

                The XML is for a different purpose - it is the things you want
                highlighted. I agree that the wiki and closing the tracker are
                overlapping though. If anyone knows how to get a report from SF on
                trackers closed since the last release we could potentially avoid
                it....

                James Dempsey
                PCGen Code SB
              • Paul W. King
                Message 7 of 11 , Feb 18, 2007
                  Eric had a script that ran based on the SF emails. That script generated his release notes. Not sure how it worked.

                  Paul W. King
                  PR SB, BoD

                  Message 8 of 11 , Feb 21, 2007
                    > Eric had a script that ran based on the SF emails. That script
                    > generated his release notes. Not sure how it worked.
                    >
                    > Paul W. King
                    > PR SB, BoD

                    Yeah the Wiki (currently broken) was just a way of keeping track of
                    what we're aiming to be closed in a release. I keep track of all of
                    the closed/opened/altered items and update the Wiki accordingly. The
                    Wiki being broke don't help at the moment :(.

                    The release note could still happily be automagically generated from
                    the SF emails, probably requires some PERL trickery no doubt.

                  • Koen Van Daele
                    Message 9 of 11 , Feb 21, 2007
                      What's wrong with the wiki? It seems to be working right now.

                      I do agree that the info about pcgen seems to be spread out (wiki,
                      website, sourceforge, autobuilds). I don't think a wiki is a good place
                      to keep track of closed/altered/deleted items. Shouldn't Sourceforge be
                      able to generate a report with this info. Or a report with all the
                      tickets closed for a certain release?

                      I'm used to working with Trac (wiki/svn browser/ticket system/roadmap)
                      where there's a decent amount of standard reports and the ability to
                      write custom sql queries. Surely Sourceforge must have something
                      similar?

                      Koen

                      Op woensdag 21-02-2007 om 11:53 uur [tijdzone +0000], schreef
                      karianna03:
                      > > Eric had a script that ran based on the SF emails. That script
                      > > generated his release notes. Not sure how it worked.
                      > >
                      > > Paul W. King
                      > > PR SB, BoD
                      >
                      > Yeah the Wiki (currently broken) was just a way of keeping track of
                      > what we're aiming to be closed in a release. I keep track of all of
                      > the closed/opened/altered items and update the Wiki accordingly. The
                      > Wiki being broke don't help at the moment :(.
                      >
                      > The release note could still happily be automagically generated from
                      > the SF emails, probably requires some PERL trickery no doubt.

                    • karianna03
                      Message 10 of 11 , Feb 21, 2007
                        Hi Koen,

                        The wiki for some reason is mis behaving on the | character, which it
                        wasn't doing previously. As we have lots of our data stored in Wiki
                        tables, the | character becomes quite important :).

                        SF is adding a new beta Wiki which we are signing up for, I'm
                        personally hoping that we can shift to this so that we have one less
                        place that holds PCGen related info.

                        On the SF scripting front, yes we used to have a script thaqt
                        generated the release notes, I think it used to be with Eric B. I
                        think James would love it if someone could help him come up with a new
                        one (might require PERL or some such I'd imagine).

                        Message 11 of 11 , Feb 21, 2007
                          > I do agree that the info about pcgen seems to be spread out (wiki,
                          > website, sourceforge, autobuilds). I don't think a wiki is a good place
                          > to keep track of closed/altered/deleted items. Shouldn't Sourceforge be
                          > able to generate a report with this info. Or a report with all the
                          > tickets closed for a certain release?

                          Prob. Back when I was Data SB, I looked at closed tracker in
                          descending order, and copied/pasted the trackers down to the last one
                          mentioned in a release and emailed it to Bryan when he had done the
                          pull for testing and release.

                          PCGen LST Chimp