Re: [pcgen] Re: Survival Special Circumstance Synergy Bonus From Knowledge

  • Tir Gwaith
    Message 1 of 4 , Feb 7, 2007
      > Ok. So I made a Ranger with a few ranks of Survival and leveled him
      > up to 2 so I could put 5 ranks in each of his class Knowledge skills.
      >
      > If you only Rank up Knowledge (Dungeoneering), Knowledge (Nature),
      > and Knowledge (Geography) to 5 and look at the Preview Tab, the
      > Synergy bonus to Survival (Lost/Natural Hazards), Survival (Natural
      > Environments), and Survival (Underground) does not show, although
      > each of the circumstances do appear. (Survival (The Planes) and
      > Knowledge (The Planes) behaves the same)
      >
      > The Synergy bonus will appear in the preview tab if you:
      > 1. Save and Reopen
      > 2. Add an additional Rank of Survival AFTER each knowledge skill has
      > 5 ranks.
      > 3. Export the character.
      >
      > The Synergy Bonus does show up correct on the PDF export. The
      > problem is only on the preview tab, and will show correctly after
      > any of the above actions are taken.

      Yeah. These are a work-in-progress.. I did all of the synergies
      after the initial couple of Survivals, which I thought I re-coded so
      that they were all behaving the same. One of the draw-backs currently
      is that you have to have a Rank in the skill getting the bonus for it
      to show up if you have the Synergy bonus. So, no ranks in Survival,
      and you won't see the synergy bonus (even though you should still get
      it).

      I need to get on-line with Zaister who promised to work with me on
      drawing up a good spec for how to handle those more elegantly. Right
      now, they are just hacks.

      PCGen LST Chimp