Re: Survival Special Circumstance Synergy Bonus From Knowledge

  • e_m_escobar
    Message 1 of 4 , Feb 7, 2007

      http://pcgen.sourceforge.net/07_autobuilds.php
      > > PCGen's Online Docs:
      > > Yahoo! Groups Links

      Ok. So I made a Ranger with a few ranks of Survival and leveled him
      up to 2 so I could put 5 ranks in each of his class Knowledge skills.

      If you only Rank up Knowledge (Dungeoneering), Knowledge (Nature),
      and Knowledge (Geography) to 5 and look at the Preview Tab, the
      Synergy bonus to Survival (Lost/Natural Hazards), Survival (Natural
      Environments), and Survival (Underground) does not show, although
      each of the circumstances do appear. (Survival (The Planes) and
      Knowledge (The Planes) behaves the same)

      The Synergy bonus will appear in the preview tab if you:
      1. Save and Reopen
      2. Add an additional Rank of Survival AFTER each knowledge skill has
      5 ranks.
      3. Export the character.

      The Synergy Bonus does show up correct on the PDF export. The
      problem is only on the preview tab, and will show correctly after
      any of the above actions are taken.
    • Tir Gwaith
      Message 2 of 4 , Feb 7, 2007
        > Ok. So I made a Ranger with a few ranks of Survival and leveled him
        > up to 2 so I could put 5 ranks in each of his class Knowledge skills.
        >
        > If you only Rank up Knowledge (Dungeoneering), Knowledge (Nature),
        > and Knowledge (Geography) to 5 and look at the Preview Tab, the
        > Synergy bonus to Survival (Lost/Natural Hazards), Survival (Natural
        > Environments), and Survival (Underground) does not show, although
        > each of the circumstances do appear. (Survival (The Planes) and
        > Knowledge (The Planes) behaves the same)
        >
        > The Synergy bonus will appear in the preview tab if you:
        > 1. Save and Reopen
        > 2. Add an additional Rank of Survival AFTER each knowledge skill has
        > 5 ranks.
        > 3. Export the character.
        >
        > The Synergy Bonus does show up correct on the PDF export. The
        > problem is only on the preview tab, and will show correctly after
        > any of the above actions are taken.

        Yeah. These are a work-in-progress.. I did all of the synergies
        after the initial couple of Survivals, which I thought I re-coded so
        that they were all behaving the same. One of the draw-backs currently
        is that you have to have a Rank in the skill getting the bonus for it
        to show up if you have the Synergy bonus. So, no ranks in Survival,
        and you won't see the synergy bonus (even though you should still get
        it).

        I need to get on-line with Zaister who promised to work with me on
        drawing up a good spec for how to handle those more elegantly. Right
        now, they are just hacks.

        PCGen LST Chimp