Re: Weight Calculation Problem

  • jamespolo
    Message 1 of 6 , Feb 4, 2007
      I also noticed that when I put coins to be carried, they show up in
      the inventory panel, but do not show up in the preview panel.

      --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, "jamespolo" <jamespolo@...> wrote:

      > Java version 1.4.2, PCGen version 5.10.1, Windows XP, Preview Page
      2
      > is where it's showing the data.
      >
      > In the inventory gear list, when I click on the item itself it only
      > says the single weight of it as well, rather than the total weight
      > (single weight multiplied by quantity) that I was hoping to see.
      >

      > --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, "Paul W. King" <paulking.rhochi@>
      > wrote:
      > >
      > > > Did you notice there is a problem with the weight calculator?
      It
      > looks
      > > > like it's not multiplying by the quantity to gather weight.
      > Here's
      > > > what I have in my backpack and look at the weight. It's off by
      > several
      > > > pounds.
      > > >
      > > > 17.06 lbs., 3 Coin (Copper), 1 Sack, 10 Tindertwig, 1
      Waterskin,
      > 1 Lock
      > > > (Good), 1 Flint and Steel, 100 Coin (Gold), 1 Grappling Hook, 1
      > Bolts,
      > > > Crossbow (10), 1 Potion of Aid, 1 Potion of Cure Moderate
      Wounds,
      > 1
      > > > Rope (Silk/50 Ft.), 3 Smokestick, 1 Manacles (Masterwork/Medium)
      > >
      > > What version of java are you using? What version of PCGen? What
      > > operating system? Where were you getting the weight information
      (a
      > tab
      > > in PCGen or a specific output sheet)?
      > >
      > > Paul W. King
      > > PR SB, BoD

    • Paul W. King
      Message 2 of 6 , Feb 4, 2007
        I added what you have, and got the same amount for the weight. Doing it by hand:

        3 cp - 0.06 lbs
        1 sack - 0.5 lbs
        10 tindertwigs - 0 lb
        1 water skin - 0 lbs/4 lbs (empty/full)
        1 lock (good) - 1 lb
        1 flint and steel - 0 lbs
        100 gp - 2 lbs
        1 grappling hook - 4 lbs
        10 bolts - 1 lb
        1 potion of aid - 0 lbs
        1 potion of cmw - 0 lbs
        1 rope (silk/50') - 5 lbs
        3 smokesticks - 1.5 lbs
        1 manacles (mw/med) - 2 lbs

        total - 17.06 lbs (empty water skin) / 21.06 lbs (full water skin)

        Where do you think the weight discrepancy is?

        Paul W. King
        PR SB, BoD
      • jamespolo
        Message 3 of 6 , Feb 5, 2007
          Hmm... that looks right (now that you layed it out), I'll look to see
          where I went wrong and this is why I need a good inventory weight
          calculator.