Re: Weight Calculation Problem

  • Paul W. King
    Message 1 of 6 , Feb 4, 2007
      > Did you notice there is a problem with the weight calculator? It looks
      > like it's not multiplying by the quantity to gather weight. Here's
      > what I have in my backpack and look at the weight. It's off by several
      > pounds.
      >
      > 17.06 lbs., 3 Coin (Copper), 1 Sack, 10 Tindertwig, 1 Waterskin, 1 Lock
      > (Good), 1 Flint and Steel, 100 Coin (Gold), 1 Grappling Hook, 1 Bolts,
      > Crossbow (10), 1 Potion of Aid, 1 Potion of Cure Moderate Wounds, 1
      > Rope (Silk/50 Ft.), 3 Smokestick, 1 Manacles (Masterwork/Medium)

      What version of java are you using? What version of PCGen? What
      operating system? Where were you getting the weight information (a tab
      in PCGen or a specific output sheet)?

      Paul W. King
      PR SB, BoD
    • jamespolo
      Message 2 of 6 , Feb 4, 2007
        Java version 1.4.2, PCGen version 5.10.1, Windows XP, Preview Page 2
        is where it's showing the data.

        In the inventory gear list, when I click on the item itself it only
        says the single weight of it as well, rather than the total weight
        (single weight multiplied by quantity) that I was hoping to see.

        --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, "Paul W. King" <paulking.rhochi@...>
        wrote:

        > > Did you notice there is a problem with the weight calculator? It
        looks
        > > like it's not multiplying by the quantity to gather weight.
        Here's
        > > what I have in my backpack and look at the weight. It's off by
        several
        > > pounds.
        > >
        > > 17.06 lbs., 3 Coin (Copper), 1 Sack, 10 Tindertwig, 1 Waterskin,
        1 Lock
        > > (Good), 1 Flint and Steel, 100 Coin (Gold), 1 Grappling Hook, 1
        Bolts,
        > > Crossbow (10), 1 Potion of Aid, 1 Potion of Cure Moderate Wounds,
        1
        > > Rope (Silk/50 Ft.), 3 Smokestick, 1 Manacles (Masterwork/Medium)
        >
        > What version of java are you using? What version of PCGen? What
        > operating system? Where were you getting the weight information (a
        tab
        > in PCGen or a specific output sheet)?
        >
        > Paul W. King
        > PR SB, BoD

      • jamespolo
        Message 3 of 6 , Feb 4, 2007
          I also noticed that when I put coins to be carried, they show up in
          the inventory panel, but do not show up in the preview panel.

          --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, "jamespolo" <jamespolo@...> wrote:

          > Java version 1.4.2, PCGen version 5.10.1, Windows XP, Preview Page
          2
          > is where it's showing the data.
          >
          > In the inventory gear list, when I click on the item itself it only
          > says the single weight of it as well, rather than the total weight
          > (single weight multiplied by quantity) that I was hoping to see.
          >

          > --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, "Paul W. King" <paulking.rhochi@>
          > wrote:
          > >
          > > > Did you notice there is a problem with the weight calculator?
          It
          > looks
          > > > like it's not multiplying by the quantity to gather weight.
          > Here's
          > > > what I have in my backpack and look at the weight. It's off by
          > several
          > > > pounds.
          > > >
          > > > 17.06 lbs., 3 Coin (Copper), 1 Sack, 10 Tindertwig, 1
          Waterskin,
          > 1 Lock
          > > > (Good), 1 Flint and Steel, 100 Coin (Gold), 1 Grappling Hook, 1
          > Bolts,
          > > > Crossbow (10), 1 Potion of Aid, 1 Potion of Cure Moderate
          Wounds,
          > 1
          > > > Rope (Silk/50 Ft.), 3 Smokestick, 1 Manacles (Masterwork/Medium)
          > >
          > > What version of java are you using? What version of PCGen? What
          > > operating system? Where were you getting the weight information
          (a
          > tab
          > > in PCGen or a specific output sheet)?
          > >
          > > Paul W. King
          > > PR SB, BoD

        • Paul W. King
          Message 4 of 6 , Feb 4, 2007
            I added what you have, and got the same amount for the weight. Doing it by hand:

            3 cp - 0.06 lbs
            1 sack - 0.5 lbs
            10 tindertwigs - 0 lb
            1 water skin - 0 lbs/4 lbs (empty/full)
            1 lock (good) - 1 lb
            1 flint and steel - 0 lbs
            100 gp - 2 lbs
            1 grappling hook - 4 lbs
            10 bolts - 1 lb
            1 potion of aid - 0 lbs
            1 potion of cmw - 0 lbs
            1 rope (silk/50') - 5 lbs
            3 smokesticks - 1.5 lbs
            1 manacles (mw/med) - 2 lbs

            total - 17.06 lbs (empty water skin) / 21.06 lbs (full water skin)

            Where do you think the weight discrepancy is?

            Paul W. King
            PR SB, BoD
          • jamespolo
            Message 5 of 6 , Feb 5, 2007
              Hmm... that looks right (now that you layed it out), I'll look to see
              where I went wrong and this is why I need a good inventory weight
              calculator.