Weight Calculation Problem

  • jamespolo
    Message 1 of 6 , Feb 4, 2007
      Did you notice there is a problem with the weight calculator? It looks
      like it's not multiplying by the quantity to gather weight. Here's
      what I have in my backpack and look at the weight. It's off by several
      pounds.

      17.06 lbs., 3 Coin (Copper), 1 Sack, 10 Tindertwig, 1 Waterskin, 1 Lock
      (Good), 1 Flint and Steel, 100 Coin (Gold), 1 Grappling Hook, 1 Bolts,
      Crossbow (10), 1 Potion of Aid, 1 Potion of Cure Moderate Wounds, 1
      Rope (Silk/50 Ft.), 3 Smokestick, 1 Manacles (Masterwork/Medium)
    • Paul W. King
      Message 2 of 6 , Feb 4, 2007
        > Did you notice there is a problem with the weight calculator? It looks
        > like it's not multiplying by the quantity to gather weight. Here's
        > what I have in my backpack and look at the weight. It's off by several
        > pounds.
        >
        > 17.06 lbs., 3 Coin (Copper), 1 Sack, 10 Tindertwig, 1 Waterskin, 1 Lock
        > (Good), 1 Flint and Steel, 100 Coin (Gold), 1 Grappling Hook, 1 Bolts,
        > Crossbow (10), 1 Potion of Aid, 1 Potion of Cure Moderate Wounds, 1
        > Rope (Silk/50 Ft.), 3 Smokestick, 1 Manacles (Masterwork/Medium)

        What version of java are you using? What version of PCGen? What
        operating system? Where were you getting the weight information (a tab
        in PCGen or a specific output sheet)?

        Paul W. King
        PR SB, BoD
      • jamespolo
        Message 3 of 6 , Feb 4, 2007
          Java version 1.4.2, PCGen version 5.10.1, Windows XP, Preview Page 2
          is where it's showing the data.

          In the inventory gear list, when I click on the item itself it only
          says the single weight of it as well, rather than the total weight
          (single weight multiplied by quantity) that I was hoping to see.

          --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, "Paul W. King" <paulking.rhochi@...>
          wrote:

          > > Did you notice there is a problem with the weight calculator? It
          looks
          > > like it's not multiplying by the quantity to gather weight.
          Here's
          > > what I have in my backpack and look at the weight. It's off by
          several
          > > pounds.
          > >
          > > 17.06 lbs., 3 Coin (Copper), 1 Sack, 10 Tindertwig, 1 Waterskin,
          1 Lock
          > > (Good), 1 Flint and Steel, 100 Coin (Gold), 1 Grappling Hook, 1
          Bolts,
          > > Crossbow (10), 1 Potion of Aid, 1 Potion of Cure Moderate Wounds,
          1
          > > Rope (Silk/50 Ft.), 3 Smokestick, 1 Manacles (Masterwork/Medium)
          >
          > What version of java are you using? What version of PCGen? What
          > operating system? Where were you getting the weight information (a
          tab
          > in PCGen or a specific output sheet)?
          >
          > Paul W. King
          > PR SB, BoD

        • jamespolo
          Message 4 of 6 , Feb 4, 2007
            I also noticed that when I put coins to be carried, they show up in
            the inventory panel, but do not show up in the preview panel.

            --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, "jamespolo" <jamespolo@...> wrote:

            > Java version 1.4.2, PCGen version 5.10.1, Windows XP, Preview Page
            2
            > is where it's showing the data.
            >
            > In the inventory gear list, when I click on the item itself it only
            > says the single weight of it as well, rather than the total weight
            > (single weight multiplied by quantity) that I was hoping to see.
            >

            > --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, "Paul W. King" <paulking.rhochi@>
            > wrote:
            > >
            > > > Did you notice there is a problem with the weight calculator?
            It
            > looks
            > > > like it's not multiplying by the quantity to gather weight.
            > Here's
            > > > what I have in my backpack and look at the weight. It's off by
            > several
            > > > pounds.
            > > >
            > > > 17.06 lbs., 3 Coin (Copper), 1 Sack, 10 Tindertwig, 1
            Waterskin,
            > 1 Lock
            > > > (Good), 1 Flint and Steel, 100 Coin (Gold), 1 Grappling Hook, 1
            > Bolts,
            > > > Crossbow (10), 1 Potion of Aid, 1 Potion of Cure Moderate
            Wounds,
            > 1
            > > > Rope (Silk/50 Ft.), 3 Smokestick, 1 Manacles (Masterwork/Medium)
            > >
            > > What version of java are you using? What version of PCGen? What
            > > operating system? Where were you getting the weight information
            (a
            > tab
            > > in PCGen or a specific output sheet)?
            > >
            > > Paul W. King
            > > PR SB, BoD

          • Paul W. King
            Message 5 of 6 , Feb 4, 2007
              I added what you have, and got the same amount for the weight. Doing it by hand:

              3 cp - 0.06 lbs
              1 sack - 0.5 lbs
              10 tindertwigs - 0 lb
              1 water skin - 0 lbs/4 lbs (empty/full)
              1 lock (good) - 1 lb
              1 flint and steel - 0 lbs
              100 gp - 2 lbs
              1 grappling hook - 4 lbs
              10 bolts - 1 lb
              1 potion of aid - 0 lbs
              1 potion of cmw - 0 lbs
              1 rope (silk/50') - 5 lbs
              3 smokesticks - 1.5 lbs
              1 manacles (mw/med) - 2 lbs

              total - 17.06 lbs (empty water skin) / 21.06 lbs (full water skin)

              Where do you think the weight discrepancy is?

              Paul W. King
              PR SB, BoD
            • jamespolo
              Message 6 of 6 , Feb 5, 2007
                Hmm... that looks right (now that you layed it out), I'll look to see
                where I went wrong and this is why I need a good inventory weight
                calculator.