I'm wondering

  • bleaciu
    Message 1 of 3 , Feb 3, 2007
      Why would you need a text editor to edit LST files already created?
      Couldn't you edit them using the LST editor? (Or is there something I'm
      missing?)
    • Axel
      Message 2 of 3 , Feb 3, 2007
        Sometimes it is easier to type in what you want than go through the hoops as the LST editors do.

        Say you want to edit all the 'dragons' and give them all a 'common new feature' it is easier to do with a text editor.

        Also Text editors allow you to view the mechanics of a situation and see how it works.

        But truth be told, most of us are geeks and like getting digital oil under our finger nails ;)

        Why would you need a text editor to edit LST files already created?
        Couldn't you edit them using the LST editor? (Or is there something I'm
        missing?)

      • Frank Kliewe
        Message 3 of 3 , Feb 4, 2007
          On 2/3/07, bleaciu <bleaciu@...> wrote:

          > Why would you need a text editor to edit LST files already created?
          > Couldn't you edit them using the LST editor? (Or is there something I'm
          > missing?)

          LST files are text files that can be edited with a text editor. The
          advantage of doing so is that you gain full control of what you are
          doing.

          LST editors will allow you to easily do a subset of possible
          operations, which will allow you to do most standard coding, but it
          can be hard, some things even impossible with them to do some of the
          non-standard stuff that quite a few things require.

          Given there are things that can't be done either way, but for options
          and control I would always prefer a text editor.

          Cheerio,

          Frank Kliewe
          PCGen Content Silverback

          --
          Last night, Darth Vader came down from planet Vulcan and told me that
          if I didn't take Lorraine out that he'd melt my brain.