Re: [pcgen] pederest FAQ gone from http://pedertest.officeline.no/pcgen/ ?

  • James Dempsey
    Message 1 of 4 , Feb 1, 2007
      Hi Matt,

      On 02/02/07, Matt <mbchambers@...> wrote:
      > Hi, I was looking for the FAQ mentioned in the "File - Welcome" (
      > http://pedertest.officeline.no/pcgen/ ) post and couldn't find it. I
      > also tried to Google it but without success so far.

      This link looks like it is out of date. One of the list admins might
      like to remove it.

      > I was also a bit confused by the Alpha build links on
      > http://pcgen.sourceforge.net/03_get_pcgen.php#alpha are all 4.1.X and
      > so pretty ancient. Does the page need updating?

      Hmm, that is supposed to grab the latest release info automatically -
      something must be going awry - I'll look into it tonight. Thanks for
      the report.

      > The link on that page under "Option 3. Nightly Builds" gets you to the
      > page ( http://pcgen.sourceforge.net/07_autobuilds.php ) with the
      > current production and development autobbuils, but also has a link at
      > the top "As a result, unless you like living on the edge, it is best to
      > use one of our regular releases available from the _downloads page_."
      > take one to a page http://pcgen.sourceforge.net/03_downloads.php that
      > is an "Error type: 404" page.

      I can fix that one up too.

      > In general, is there a place and code best for reporting apparent
      > errors in links and website structure?

      This is as good a place as any. I'll get on to the web site issues and
      get them sorted out tonight hopefully.

      James Dempsey
      PCGen Code SB
    • Frank Kliewe
      Message 2 of 4 , Feb 1, 2007
        On 2/2/07, Matt <mbchambers@...> wrote:

        > Hi, I was looking for the FAQ mentioned in the "File - Welcome" (
        > http://pedertest.officeline.no/pcgen/ ) post and couldn't find it. I
        > also tried to Google it but without success so far.
        >
        > I was also a bit confused by the Alpha build links on
        > http://pcgen.sourceforge.net/03_get_pcgen.php#alpha are all 4.1.X and
        > so pretty ancient. Does the page need updating?
        >
        > The link on that page under "Option 3. Nightly Builds" gets you to the
        > page ( http://pcgen.sourceforge.net/07_autobuilds.php ) with the
        > current production and development autobbuils, but also has a link at
        > the top "As a result, unless you like living on the edge, it is best to
        > use one of our regular releases available from the _downloads page_."
        > take one to a page http://pcgen.sourceforge.net/03_downloads.php that
        > is an "Error type: 404" page.
        >
        > In general, is there a place and code best for reporting apparent
        > errors in links and website structure?

        Hi Matt,

        you 're probably reading the messages through the Yahoo groups
        interface and have set that to "Group by Topic". In that case if you
        click the "File - Welcome" message, you will have the oldest message
        under that topic displayed, which dates from February 2002.

        If you open the latest message under that Topic, you should see more
        recent links.

        Cheerio,

        Frank Kliewe
        PCGen Content Silverback

        --
        Last night, Darth Vader came down from planet Vulcan and told me that
        if I didn't take Lorraine out that he'd melt my brain.
        Message 3 of 4 , Feb 2, 2007
          Thanks,
          I see now how the grouping of messages is going and so found the most
          recent (Thu Feb 1, 2007 2:19 pm) posting of the File - Welcome.

          I clicked on the link there for docs (
          http://www.legolas.org/pcgen/docs/ ) and got a 403 forbidden error. Hmmm.

          I also clicked on http://www.legolas.org/pcgen/pytw/#PCGen and got "PCGen.
          The tiddler 'PCGen.' doesn't yet exist. Double-click to create it"

          Other than those, all of the links seemed to work.

          ~~ Matt