Imrpoved Natural Attack not increasing damage size

  • Brad Stiles
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 31, 2007
      Is the "Improved Natural Attack" feat supposed to work with the Monk's
      Unarmed Strike? It shows up as black when I have the Unarmed Strike
      equipment item equipped, and nothing in the description of the feat in
      either the RSRD or the MM would seem to preclude using it for a Monk. If
      it's only for Monsters (and it only says "creature" in the description),
      then perhaps it should be in red instead of black.

      PCGen autobuild 5.11.7, built at 2007-02-01 03:15 +1100, Java 1.6 (also
      occurs with 1.5)

      Open PCGen
      Load complete RSRD
      New character
      All stats 10
      Alignment: LN
      Race: Human
      Class: Monk
      Raise class to sixth level (to get the +4 BAB). I chose Improved Grapple
      and Combat Reflexes when prompted for class abilities.

      On the equiment tab, Choose Unarmed Strike equipment item, and equip it.
      On the preview tab, note that the damage is 1d8, for a 6th level Monk.

      On the feats tab, select Improved Natural Attack, then Unarmed Strike.
      On the preview tab, note that the damage is still 1d8, rather than 2d6, as
      it would be for a large 6th level Monk.

      23:30