Timeless Body

  • ursine4
    Message 1 of 6 , Jan 30, 2007
      Hello again,

      When I asked a few weeks ago, It was said that a timeless body fix
      would likely be in 5.11.7, but a quick check seems to show that it
      hasn't been resolved. I am wonder what the status is, or how to do a
      work around on it. Thanks!
    • Per Christian Henden
      Message 2 of 6 , Jan 30, 2007

        > When I asked a few weeks ago, It was said that a timeless body fix
        > would likely be in 5.11.7, but a quick check seems to show that it
        > hasn't been resolved. I am wonder what the status is, or how to do a
        > work around on it. Thanks!

        Hi,
        The best way to get the current status I think is to look at the trackers
        http://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&aid=1275919&group_id=25576&atid=384722
        and
        http://sourceforge.net/tracker/index.php?func=detail&aid=1339969&group_id=25576&atid=750092

        A summary,

        The initial idea was to implement a prerequisite tag for ageset (Adulthood,
        Middle Age, and so on), so that you would be able to specify in a lst
        ("rules") file a bonus that canceled out penalties, like the ability does.
        With this we could implement Timeless Body like so:
        BONUS:STAT|STR,CON,DEX|3|PREAGESET:Old
        There is limited support for this PREAGESET tag that supports the above in
        pcgen 5.11.7.

        It turned out not be that simple because if the monk/druid acquires timeless
        body at an age where he already has penalties, those are not cancelled out,
        according to the rules. Example: A middle aged monk with penalty -1 to
        str,dex,con gets the ability. No change happens before he reaches the next
        ageset, 'Old' (-3 penalty), where the ability keeps his physical stats
        dropping another 2 (total -3) and keeps him at -1.

        Using PREAGESET alone we cannot cover the situation above.

        Eddy Anthony had an idea on how we could support the ability for real, and
        explained how in #1275919 (first url above). I'm not that familiar with the
        code so I don't understand all of it. I'm planning on completing support for
        PREAGESET, it's a cool thing to support in any case , leaving the rest of the
        Timeless body support to others, possibly picking it up after I'm done.

        As for a workaround, that should be possible. You could try something like our
        first idea and manually adjust the bonuses for your ageset according to when
        your character got the ability.

        Cheers,

        PER
      • Eddy Anthony
        Message 3 of 6 , Feb 15, 2007
          ursine4 scribed:

          > When I asked a few weeks ago, It was said that a timeless body fix
          > would likely be in 5.11.7, but a quick check seems to show that it
          > hasn't been resolved. I am wonder what the status is, or how to do a
          > work around on it. Thanks!

          Thanks to some code work by Christian Henden we will have support for this
          in the next release. I've added a visible template named "Timeless Body" to
          the SRD and RSRD sets with the prerequisites of Monk or Druid of the
          appropriate level. When applied it will add one of four hidden template
          which correspond to the 4 agesets. Once added the penalties for older
          agesets will be countered but the penalties for the ageset the character had
          when the template was added will remain. The template is added automatically
          at the appropriate class level but is visible so that users with existing
          characters at higher levels can add it.
          --
          ~ Eddy Anthony (MoSaT)
        • Tir Gwaith
          Message 4 of 6 , Feb 15, 2007
            > Thanks to some code work by Christian Henden we will have support for this
            > in the next release. I've added a visible template named "Timeless Body" to
            > the SRD and RSRD sets with the prerequisites of Monk or Druid of the
            > appropriate level. When applied it will add one of four hidden template
            > which correspond to the 4 agesets. Once added the penalties for older
            > agesets will be countered but the penalties for the ageset the character had
            > when the template was added will remain. The template is added automatically
            > at the appropriate class level but is visible so that users with existing
            > characters at higher levels can add it.

            Just finished reviewing that commit. Looks really good. :) Christian
            is added to our Sect. 15 for the SRDs, right? Don't want to forget
            that.

            PCGen LST Chimp
          • Eddy Anthony
            Message 5 of 6 , Feb 15, 2007
              Tir Gwaith scribed:

              > Just finished reviewing that commit. Looks really good. :) Christian
              > is added to our Sect. 15 for the SRDs, right? Don't want to forget
              > that.

              Christian just completed the PREAGESET code work which allowed me to
              complete the data FREQ so no need to add him to the Sect. 15. I did check
              the code monkey credits and he had not yet been added so I took care of
              that.
              --
              ~ Eddy Anthony (MoSaT)
            • Hank Lee
              Message 6 of 6 , Feb 26, 2007
                Hi,

                I'm playing with prestige classes, and created a character with some
                cleric levels. It appears that I cannot select the Spell-Like Ability
                special ability when leveling up as hierophant. A quick look at the .lst
                files revealed that the specific line has been commented out, siting
                that this needs more work. The comments indicate that there needs to be
                a way to select from the spell list for the Spell-Like Ability.

                Looking over at the Archmage class, the Spell-Like Ability seems to have
                been implemented correctly (partially). PCGen correctly takes away a
                5th-level spell slot. However, it does not prompt for the selection of
                spells from the list of known spells. A work-around seems to be to
                created a separate Prepared Spell list and just note the Special Ability
                can be used 2 / Day...

                I'm using PCGen 5.10.1.

                What's the likelihood that the Hierophant class will be completed next
                release? How about the spell-selection function for both the Archmage
                and Hierophant? :)