Missing Feats on Sorc6 DDiciple4

  • Kileran
    Message 1 of 6 , Jan 20, 2007
      I'm converting some characters from paper-made to PCGen 5.10.1 for use
      with my campaign. I just finishing doing this one

      Half Elf
      Sorcerer 6
      Dragon Disciple (silver) 4

      In the feats column it says i've already got
      Simple weapons proficiency
      but that i cannot select any more. Feats remaining is 0.

      surely a 10th level character should have some feats to choose.
    • Kileran
      Message 2 of 6 , Jan 26, 2007
        K, what am i supposed to do here? This is obviously a pretty big bug.

        Message 3 of 6 , Jan 26, 2007
          I've managed to reproduce this error again, but cant seem to figure
          out why it's happening. Here's what happens, step by step.

          First i make a 6th level sorcerer. The feats tab lists that i have 3
          feats to pick

          Then i add the 4 levels of dragon disciple. feats now reads that i've
          got 0 to spend.

          If i had spent the 3 points i got from the sorcerer levels, then i
          get to keep them, but if i dont, they're set to 0.

          --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, "Kileran" <kileran@...> wrote:

          > I'm converting some characters from paper-made to PCGen 5.10.1 for
          use
          > with my campaign. I just finishing doing this one
          >
          > Half Elf
          > Sorcerer 6
          > Dragon Disciple (silver) 4
          >
          > In the feats column it says i've already got
          > Simple weapons proficiency
          > but that i cannot select any more. Feats remaining is 0.
          >
          > surely a 10th level character should have some feats to choose.

        • James Dempsey
          Message 4 of 6 , Jan 28, 2007
            Hi Kileran,

            I haven't heard of that problem before. Could you upload you character
            to the "Needs help with" folder of this group please, or send it to me
            privately? I may not be able to get to it immediately, but I'll have a
            look.

            James Dempsey
            PCGen Code SB

            On 27/01/07, Kileran <kileran@...> wrote:
            > K, what am i supposed to do here? This is obviously a pretty big bug.
            >
            > --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, "Kileran" <kileran@...> wrote:
            > >
            > > I'm converting some characters from paper-made to PCGen 5.10.1 for
            > use
            > > with my campaign. I just finishing doing this one
            > >
            > > Half Elf
            > > Sorcerer 6
            > > Dragon Disciple (silver) 4
            > >
            > > In the feats column it says i've already got
            > > Simple weapons proficiency
            > > but that i cannot select any more. Feats remaining is 0.
            > >
            > > surely a 10th level character should have some feats to choose.

          • Paul W. King
            Message 5 of 6 , Jan 28, 2007
              I just created a 1/2 Elf, Sor 6/DD (silver) 4 character. I put 18s in all stats, all stat bumps to Str. When I went to the Feat
              tab, I was shown that I had 4 feats left to pick. This was under 5.10.1, java 1.5.0_10-b03 and the full RSRD loaded.

              What version of java and what datasets did you have loaded?

              Paul W. King
              PR SB, BoD

              Message 6 of 6 , Jan 29, 2007
                Hi Kileran,

                How many bonus spell slots are you choosing? I just tried it out and the
                program was offering to let me spend all of my feats as bonus spell
                slots. If you selected the maximum offered, you will have used all of
                the remaining feat slots, thus giving you the behaviour you are seeing.

                James Dempsey
                PCGen Code SB

                On 27/01/2007 5:17 AM Kileran wrote