Re: [pcgen] Re: Random and semi-random character generation...

  • boomer70
    Message 1 of 4 , Jan 17, 2007
      --- Mike Riddle <dmriddle2002@...> wrote:

      > Downloaded Installed 5.11.6 to test this feature..
      > Noticed that stats seemed low for high level (16+)
      > characters.. Are
      > you giving the characters their stat increases..
      > also the stat assignment seemed a little strange (a
      > wizard whose 3rd
      > highest stat was intelligence ? etc)..
      >
      > Thanks
      >
      > Mike

      I will look into the stat increases from levels. I
      think it is probably randomly assigning the stat
      increase instead of using the weight for stats.

      You can modify the weights for stats by changing the
      classes35.xml file. The way it works is each stat has
      a weight associated with it. Stats are generated and
      sorted from highest roll to lowest. Then a stat is
      selected from the weighted list to assign the roll to.
      This process is continued until all stats have been
      assigned. The default weighting provided may not give
      enough weight to "prime" stats (I believe a Wizard has
      a 9/30 chance of having Int be his highest stat).

      -Aaron

      > > > with some chance of alternate skills).
      > Furthermore,
      > > > you could specify
      > > > more detail (i.e. choose the levels and the
      > stats;
      > > > or choose the
      > > > levels, stats and feats; etc.; and the
      > randomizer
      > > > would fill in all
      > > > of the missing parts).
      > > >
      > > > No doubt such a feature would be complicated,
      > but I
      > > > think it would be
      > > > very useful.
      > > >
      > > > What do you think?
      > > >

      > > Sounds like a great idea which is why I
      > implemented it
      > > :)
      > >
      > > Seriously, if you would like to play with it you
      > will
      > > need to download the latest build from the 5.11.x
      > > series. Click on the second file icon on the
      > toolbar
      > > and it will bring up the NPC generator.
      > >
      > > -Aaron

      > protection around