[BUG] Prepared Spells not displaying, not able to add new prepped lists

  • blowstertag
    Message 1 of 10 , Jan 6, 2007
      PCGen 5.10.1
      Mac OS 10.4.8
      D&D v3.5 campaign mode (i.e., CMP)
      Three core books, Complete books, and Spell Compendium loaded

      Basically, I'm working on a 6th level cleric, and the prepared Spells
      tab just won't work. The Spell List frame shows one list, "Prepared
      Spells," won't let me add any new lists (nor delete the existing one),
      and when I add spells to the list, the display remains unchanged.
      I.e., it never shows that any spells were added; there's never an
      expand/collapse widget. However, when I export the PC, I do get a page
      with the spells I prepared.

      Any ideas?
    • James Dempsey
      Message 2 of 10 , Jan 7, 2007
        Hi,

        On 07/01/07, blowstertag <buzz@...> wrote:
        > PCGen 5.10.1
        > Mac OS 10.4.8
        > D&D v3.5 campaign mode (i.e., CMP)
        > Three core books, Complete books, and Spell Compendium loaded
        >
        > Basically, I'm working on a 6th level cleric, and the prepared Spells
        > tab just won't work. The Spell List frame shows one list, "Prepared
        > Spells," won't let me add any new lists (nor delete the existing one),
        > and when I add spells to the list, the display remains unchanged.
        > I.e., it never shows that any spells were added; there's never an
        > expand/collapse widget. However, when I export the PC, I do get a page
        > with the spells I prepared.

        I haven't heard reports of that issue before - it sounds like the tab
        is failing to display the information after it adds the spell. Could
        you try running it with the debug console open (menu Debug > Console)
        and see if you have any errors come up there. If you see a line
        followed by a number of lines start with 'at' and then a file name and
        number in brackets could you send it in please? That will help us
        trace what is going wrong. If it is really long, just send it to me
        privately rather to everyone on the list.

        James Dempsey
        PCGen Code SB
      • blowstertag
        Message 3 of 10 , Jan 10, 2007
          --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, "James Dempsey" <jdempsey@...> wrote:

          > Could you try running it with the debug console open (menu Debug
          > Console) and see if you have any errors come up there.

          Sure... except now it's working fine. Ugh.

          FWIW, I was originally doing this at the end of generating a
          sixth-level PC. I dunno if maybe it was just memory wackiness since
          I'd been using the app for an hour or two.

          If it happens again, I'll try and grab some error messages from the
          console. Thanks for the help!
        • andargor
          Message 4 of 10 , Mar 6, 2007
            --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, "blowstertag" <buzz@...> wrote:

            > --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, "James Dempsey" <jdempsey@> wrote:
            > >
            > > Could you try running it with the debug console open (menu Debug
            > > Console) and see if you have any errors come up there.
            >
            > Sure... except now it's working fine. Ugh.
            >
            > FWIW, I was originally doing this at the end of generating a
            > sixth-level PC. I dunno if maybe it was just memory wackiness since
            > I'd been using the app for an hour or two.
            >
            > If it happens again, I'll try and grab some error messages from the
            > console. Thanks for the help!

            Hello people! I'm such a user now, that I have had the same issue. :D

            FWIW, the character is a Paladin 5/Sorcerer 15, nothing really special.

            Fortunately, I have a console dump:

            java.awt.event.InvocationEvent[INVOCATION_DEFAULT,runnable=pcgen.util.SwingWorke
            r$1@dbdc4b,notifier=null,catchExceptions=false,when=1173229979373] on
            sun.awt.wi
            ndows.WToolkit@c2b2f6
            null
            java.lang.NullPointerException
            at
            pcgen.gui.tabs.spells.InfoSpellsSubTab.setPc(InfoSpellsSubTab.java:22
            6)
            at pcgen.gui.tabs.InfoSpells.forceRefresh(InfoSpells.java:167)
            at pcgen.gui.tabs.InfoSpells.refresh(InfoSpells.java:157)
            at
            pcgen.gui.CharacterInfo$Refresher.finished(CharacterInfo.java:504)
            at pcgen.util.SwingWorker$1.run(SwingWorker.java:107)
            at
            pcgen.gui.PCGen_Frame1$WaitCursorEventQueue.dispatchEvent(PCGen_Frame
            1.java:3153)
            at
            java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpOneEventForHierarchy(Unknown Source)

            at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForHierarchy(Unknown
            Source)
[...]

            at pcgen.gui.tabs.InfoSpells.setPc(InfoSpells.java:108)
            at
            pcgen.gui.CharacterInfo$PcSetter.finished(CharacterInfo.java:478)
            at pcgen.util.SwingWorker$1.run(SwingWorker.java:107)
            at
            pcgen.gui.PCGen_Frame1$WaitCursorEventQueue.dispatchEvent(PCGen_Frame
            1.java:3153)
            at
            java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpOneEventForHierarchy(Unknown Source)

            at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForHierarchy(Unknown
            Source)
            java.awt.event.InvocationEvent[INVOCATION_DEFAULT,runnable=pcgen.util.SwingWorke
            r$1@3f9786,notifier=null,catchExceptions=false,when=1173230086342] on
            sun.awt.wi
            ndows.WToolkit@c2b2f6

            Andargor
          • Tom Parker
            Message 5 of 10 , Mar 6, 2007
              --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, "andargor" <andargor@...> wrote:
              > Hello people! I'm such a user now, that I have had the same issue. :D
              >
              > FWIW, the character is a Paladin 5/Sorcerer 15, nothing really special.
              >
              > Fortunately, I have a console dump:

              [snip]

              Please provide the PCGen version, so we can reconcile the line numbers
              in the associated code dump.

              Thanks for the info!

              TP.
            • andargor
              Message 6 of 10 , Mar 6, 2007
                Whoops, forgot to mention: 5.10.1 on XP SP2, Java 5b11
              • andargor
                Message 7 of 10 , Mar 6, 2007
                  --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, "Tom Parker" <thpr@...> wrote:

                  > --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, "andargor" <andargor@> wrote:
                  > > Hello people! I'm such a user now, that I have had the same issue. :D
                  > >
                  > > FWIW, the character is a Paladin 5/Sorcerer 15, nothing really
                  special.

                  > > Fortunately, I have a console dump:
                  >
                  > [snip]
                  >
                  > Please provide the PCGen version, so we can reconcile the line numbers
                  > in the associated code dump.
                  >
                  > Thanks for the info!
                  >
                  > TP.

                  Hi TP! You probably don't know me, I've been on extended sabbatical
                  for a while. But in the words of Palpatine, I am following your career
                  with great interest! Love what you have done with the place. :)

                  Anyways, a tidbit of info, I blew away my INI files, and the spell tab
                  now displays properly. Probably some setting in there going haywire.

                  A.
                • Tir Gwaith
                  Message 8 of 10 , Mar 6, 2007
                    Hey, good to see you back, Andargor.

                    Good to see one of our Script monkeys coming back. :)

                    PCGen LST Chimp
                  • Martijn Verburg
                    Message 9 of 10 , Mar 7, 2007
                      > Hi TP! You probably don't know me, I've been on extended sabbatical
                      > for a while. But in the words of Palpatine, I am following your career
                      > with great interest! Love what you have done with the place. :)

                      We have high hopes for this young Jedi, of course his talent means
                      that he is dangerous <shakes head sadly> but luckily we have 24/7
                      Ninja Monkey patrols keeping an eye on his 'CDOM' activities ;)

                      Oh and nice to see you on the boards again A, it's been awhile.

                    • Tom Parker
                      Message 10 of 10 , Mar 7, 2007
                        wrote:
                        > > Hi TP! You probably don't know me, I've been on extended sabbatical
                        > > for a while. But in the words of Palpatine, I am following your career
                        > > with great interest! Love what you have done with the place. :)

                        Well, you seem to be on the good side of Tir and Karianna, so that's
                        good enough for me. Thanks for the accolade :)

                        > We have high hopes for this young Jedi, of course his talent means
                        > that he is dangerous <shakes head sadly> but luckily we have 24/7
                        > Ninja Monkey patrols keeping an eye on his 'CDOM' activities ;)

                        /Never/ underestimate the power of the *dark* side of the force.