Re: [pcgen] Jump Armor Check / Weight penalty not working properly

  • Stefan Radermacher
    Message 1 of 3 , Jan 4, 2007
      dieusani wrote:

      > The armor check penalty appears to be working improperly with regards
      > to jump. When nothing was equipped or carried, my character seemed to
      > show it just fine, with a 0 penalty. However, when I set him to carry
      > enough items to get a "medium" weight encumbrance, the penalty jumped
      > to a -9, even though the armor check was just a -3. Additionally,
      > once I removed enough weight to get him into the "light" encumbrance
      > again, the armor check penalty dropped to 0 but the jump remained at a
      > -6 penalty.

      Check the Jump skill description:

      "Your Jump check is modified by your speed. If your speed is 30 feet
      then no modifier based on speed applies to the check. If your speed is
      less than 30 feet, you take a -6 penalty for every 10 feet of speed less
      than 30 feet. If your speed is greater than 30 feet, you gain a +4 bonus
      for every 10 feet beyond 30 feet."

      Once your character carries a medium load, his speed drops from 30 feet
      to 20 feet (in the case of a human). So, according to the cited rule,
      you incur a -6 penalty to your Jump check in addidtion the the -3 armor
      check penalty from the load.

      Stefan.