Additional info on Armor Check issue--version of PCGen: 5.10.1

  • dieusani
    Message 1 of 3 , Jan 3, 2007
      I'm sorry! I forgot to include what version of PCGen I was using.
      It's 5.10.1, the latest one I could find called stable.

      Additional info on the jump and armor check penalty problem...I just
      tried unequipping the leather armor and then putting it back in my
      equipment set, and that removed the extra -6 penalty. Thought I
      should let you know that as well.
    • Barak
      Message 2 of 3 , Jan 3, 2007
        -6 sounds like a speed issue... (you get +4 for every +10 ft. of speed and
        -6 for every -10 ft. of speed).

        Is your armor taking you over your encumbrance limit and slowing you down?

        Barak

        1:34 PM
      • James Dempsey
        Message 3 of 3 , Jan 3, 2007

          On 4/01/2007 6:35 AM dieusani wrote
          > I'm sorry! I forgot to include what version of PCGen I was using.
          > It's 5.10.1, the latest one I could find called stable.
          >
          > Additional info on the jump and armor check penalty problem...I just
          > tried unequipping the leather armor and then putting it back in my
          > equipment set, and that removed the extra -6 penalty. Thought I
          > should let you know that as well.

          A slower move speed will cause a penalty to jump - have you factored
          that in?

          There is an option in Preferences to show skill breakdown - if you have
          that set, switch to the skills tab, click on the Jump skill in the
          selected list and in the info section on the bottom left you should see
          a breakdown of the bonuses and penalties to the skill.

          James Dempsey
          PCGen Code SB