GMGen 5.10.1 Networking problem - disconnected from server

  • dmwarmock
    Message 1 of 3 , Jan 1, 2007
      So originally I had issues with port 80 being hogged by something
      else. Setting the server to port 10016 at least meant the server
      started. However another PC on my network cannot connect - we keep
      getting the message disconnected from server which suggests that it
      can see it but can't connect to it.

      I have tried dropping the software firewalls on both machines to see
      if that was causing the issue - same result.

      Can anyone else think of what could be the problem?
    • Allen Hohensee
      Message 2 of 3 , Jan 1, 2007
        Even though you set the server on the other port, you need to go into the
        configuration area of GMGen to set the port inside the client side. So that
        the clients know where to go look. They are setup normally as well to use
        the port 80.

        _____

        Message 3 of 3 , Jan 2, 2007
          Sorry,

          I should have said that I set both client and host to 10016 (eg
          192.168.2.9:10016). I don't think it is a setup issue in GMGen,
          rather there is something going wrong elsewhere. Does this programme
          need port forwarding or anything similar? I wouldn't have thought so
          as both machines are behind the same router firewall.

          --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, "Allen Hohensee" <ahohensee@...> wrote:

          > Even though you set the server on the other port, you need to go
          into the
          > configuration area of GMGen to set the port inside the client side.
          So that
          > the clients know where to go look. They are setup normally as well
          to use
          > the port 80.
          >

          > _____

          Behalf Of