Output TXT

  • Aubé Philippe
    Message 1 of 3 , Dec 20, 2006
      Hi gents,

      I have a problem with ouput in a TXT mode. I want to use this format to
      have my NPC stats given in a way I could simply copy/paste into my scenario.

      I would like to have my skills, feats, etc. displayed one after the
      other, on the same line, separated by ";".

      The FOR keyword doesn't seem to allow this. It only works when things
      are on a new line. So I can get my skills, but one per line...

      Did I miss something ?

      Thanks
    • James Dempsey
      Message 2 of 3 , Dec 20, 2006

        On 21/12/2006 6:44 AM Aubé Philippe wrote
        > Hi gents,
        >
        > I have a problem with ouput in a TXT mode. I want to use this format to
        > have my NPC stats given in a way I could simply copy/paste into my scenario.
        >
        > I would like to have my skills, feats, etc. displayed one after the
        > other, on the same line, separated by ";".
        >
        > The FOR keyword doesn't seem to allow this. It only works when things
        > are on a new line. So I can get my skills, but one per line...
        >
        > Did I miss something ?

        Have a look at the MANUALWHITESPACE output tag - it should allow you to
        put everything on a single line. Doco can be found at
        http://pcgen.sourceforge.net/autobuilds/pcgen-docs/outputsheetpages/tokens/outputsheettokensmisc.html#MANUALWHITESPACE

        Inside a MANUALWHITESPACE block, use the BR tag to create a new line.

        James Dempsey
        PCGen Code SB
      • Aubé Philippe
        Message 3 of 3 , Dec 20, 2006
          James Dempsey a écrit :
          > Hi,
          >
          > On 21/12/2006 6:44 AM Aubé Philippe wrote
          >
          >> Hi gents,
          >>
          >> I have a problem with ouput in a TXT mode. I want to use this format to
          >> have my NPC stats given in a way I could simply copy/paste into my scenario.
          >>
          >> I would like to have my skills, feats, etc. displayed one after the
          >> other, on the same line, separated by ";".
          >>
          >> The FOR keyword doesn't seem to allow this. It only works when things
          >> are on a new line. So I can get my skills, but one per line...
          >>
          >> Did I miss something ?
          >>

          > Have a look at the MANUALWHITESPACE output tag - it should allow you to
          > put everything on a single line. Doco can be found at
          > http://pcgen.sourceforge.net/autobuilds/pcgen-docs/outputsheetpages/tokens/outputsheettokensmisc.html#MANUALWHITESPACE
          >
          > Inside a MANUALWHITESPACE block, use the BR tag to create a new line.
          Thanks James, but I found myself the answer... I should have used DFOR
          instead of FOR.