Migrating old characters from 5.10 to 5.11 feat count...

  • Bidimus
    Message 1 of 3 , Dec 4, 2006
      Heya,

      First off great program... I'm really loving it... I've recently
      been testing 5.11.3 but I have been officially using the stable 5.10
      release... I use the full d20 rule set... I decided to load a 5.10
      character into 5.11 to see what happens... One glaring problem I had
      was when the character loaded it reported having 1 extra feat yet to
      be claimed...

      I manually set the character to 0 available feats and everything seems
      to continue to work fine after that...

      Related to this is that it also seems that the weapon specialization
      feat (and possibly others that have sub parameters) doesn't maintain
      it's weapon type... Also correctable though by double clicking on the
      feat...

      Assuming that 5.10 wasn't making an error when saving the character,
      would it be possible to add backwards compatibility routines to the
      character load function? Or perhaps an import option for loading old
      characters? Just throwing around ideas under the assumption that it's
      a compatibility problem.
    • Tom Parker
      Message 2 of 3 , Dec 4, 2006
        --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, "Bidimus" <bidimus@...> wrote:
        > One glaring problem I had
        > was when the character loaded it reported having 1 extra feat yet to
        > be claimed...

        This is a known bug in the 5.11 branch (1584302)

        > Related to this is that it also seems that the weapon specialization
        > feat (and possibly others that have sub parameters) doesn't maintain
        > it's weapon type... Also correctable though by double clicking on
        > the feat...

        I believe this should be compatible with 5.10, so this is a problem.
        However, someone with more experience in the series of changes to
        Feats since 5.10 should speak up. However, I suspect this needs to be
        investigated.
      • frank_kliewe
        Message 3 of 3 , Dec 4, 2006
          --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, "Tom Parker" <thpr@...> wrote:

          > > Related to this is that it also seems that the weapon specialization
          > > feat (and possibly others that have sub parameters) doesn't maintain
          > > it's weapon type... Also correctable though by double clicking on
          > > the feat...
          >
          > I believe this should be compatible with 5.10, so this is a problem.
          > However, someone with more experience in the series of changes to
          > Feats since 5.10 should speak up. However, I suspect this needs to be
          > investigated.

          Doing a diff on rsrd_feats.lst between revision 475 (March 26) and the
          current one I see that the Weapon Specialization feat has remained
          unchanged in our files. If it works different now, it must have been a
          change in the Java code.

          Cheerio,

          Frank Kliewe
          PCGen Content Silverback

          --
          ['POSSIBLE RESPONSE: YES/NO; OR WHAT?; GO AWAY; PLEASE COME BACK LATER;
          F*** YOU, A******; F*** YOU']