Re: [pcgen] Re: [Bug] 5.11.3 Spell Mastery

  • Andriy Sen
    Message 1 of 7 , Dec 4, 2006
      I actually had the same problem with custom class.
      I was creating prestige class by modifying cleric and accidentally left
      the class line with SPELLSTAT, SPELLBONUSSTAT, etc.
      After adding level of that class I had the same error messsage
      "Could not save ..." and .pcg file becomes empty.

      Thanks,
      Andriy

      Message 2 of 7 , Dec 4, 2006
        That sounds like a different issue, and I think we could use some
        better error reporting.

        TMs, can we get a Bug tracker for the CHOOSE from Spell Mastery, and a
        FReq for better error reporting on errors when saving. I don't know
        how much better the report can become, but it is worth trying. :)

        On 12/4/06, Andriy Sen <apsen@...> wrote:
        > I actually had the same problem with custom class.
        > I was creating prestige class by modifying cleric and accidentally left
        > the class line with SPELLSTAT, SPELLBONUSSTAT, etc.
        > After adding level of that class I had the same error messsage
        > "Could not save ..." and .pcg file becomes empty.
        >
        > Thanks,
        > Andriy

        PCGen LST Chimp
      • James Dempsey
        Message 3 of 7 , Dec 4, 2006
          Hi,

          Here's the stack trace, produced *after * you close the dialog :(

          Could not save New1
          java.lang.NullPointerException
          at java.util.StringTokenizer.<init>(Unknown Source)
          at pcgen.io.EntityEncoder.encode(EntityEncoder.java:143)
          at pcgen.io.PCGVer2Creator.appendFeatLines(PCGVer2Creator.java:1329)
          at pcgen.io.PCGVer2Creator.createPCGString(PCGVer2Creator.java:271)
          at pcgen.io.PCGIOHandler.write(PCGIOHandler.java:313)

          So it looks like something expected in the feat isn't set for spell mastery.

          Cheers,
          James Dempsey
          PCGen Code SB

          Message 4 of 7 , Dec 4, 2006