Re: [pcgen] [Bug] 5.11.3 Spell Mastery

  • Tir Gwaith
    Message 1 of 7 , Dec 4, 2006
      On 12/4/06, gjorbjond <Gjorbjond@...> wrote:
      > With just the basic RSRD loaded, it won't save a wizard with the Spell
      > Mastery feat. You can add the feat just fine, but it gives you an
      > error message when you try to save it. I first noticed this when
      > working with a character that uses the CMP datasets, then tested it
      > with a new wizard using the RSRD.

      Hm.. I don't remember that in the Stable, but we've been doing major
      refactoring in the latest alphas...

      > P.S. Is this the right place to report alpha bugs?

      Totally. :) Mentioning the release was good. The other thing we like
      to know in a bug report is which Java version it was tested on. What
      error message did it give you when you tried to save?

      PCGen LST Chimp
    • gjorbjond
      Message 2 of 7 , Dec 4, 2006
        The Java version is 1.5.0_09. The error message that popped up is
        "Could not save New1". There were no error messages in the cmd.exe
        window.

        All I did was load up the complete RSRD, create a 1st level wizard,
        pick the Spell Mastery feat selecting a few cantrips, then try to save it.

        > Totally. :) Mentioning the release was good. The other thing we like
        > to know in a bug report is which Java version it was tested on. What
        > error message did it give you when you tried to save?
      • Andriy Sen
        Message 3 of 7 , Dec 4, 2006
          I actually had the same problem with custom class.
          I was creating prestige class by modifying cleric and accidentally left
          the class line with SPELLSTAT, SPELLBONUSSTAT, etc.
          After adding level of that class I had the same error messsage
          "Could not save ..." and .pcg file becomes empty.

          Thanks,
          Andriy

          Message 4 of 7 , Dec 4, 2006
            That sounds like a different issue, and I think we could use some
            better error reporting.

            TMs, can we get a Bug tracker for the CHOOSE from Spell Mastery, and a
            FReq for better error reporting on errors when saving. I don't know
            how much better the report can become, but it is worth trying. :)

            On 12/4/06, Andriy Sen <apsen@...> wrote:
            > I actually had the same problem with custom class.
            > I was creating prestige class by modifying cleric and accidentally left
            > the class line with SPELLSTAT, SPELLBONUSSTAT, etc.
            > After adding level of that class I had the same error messsage
            > "Could not save ..." and .pcg file becomes empty.
            >
            > Thanks,
            > Andriy

            PCGen LST Chimp
          • James Dempsey
            Message 5 of 7 , Dec 4, 2006

              Here's the stack trace, produced *after * you close the dialog :(

              Could not save New1
              java.lang.NullPointerException
              at java.util.StringTokenizer.<init>(Unknown Source)
              at pcgen.io.EntityEncoder.encode(EntityEncoder.java:143)
              at pcgen.io.PCGVer2Creator.appendFeatLines(PCGVer2Creator.java:1329)
              at pcgen.io.PCGVer2Creator.createPCGString(PCGVer2Creator.java:271)
              at pcgen.io.PCGIOHandler.write(PCGIOHandler.java:313)

              So it looks like something expected in the feat isn't set for spell mastery.

              Cheers,
              James Dempsey
              PCGen Code SB

              Message 6 of 7 , Dec 4, 2006