[Bug] 5.11.3 Spell Mastery

  • gjorbjond
    Message 1 of 7 , Dec 4, 2006
      With just the basic RSRD loaded, it won't save a wizard with the Spell
      Mastery feat. You can add the feat just fine, but it gives you an
      error message when you try to save it. I first noticed this when
      working with a character that uses the CMP datasets, then tested it
      with a new wizard using the RSRD.

      P.S. Is this the right place to report alpha bugs?
    • Tir Gwaith
      Message 2 of 7 , Dec 4, 2006
        On 12/4/06, gjorbjond <Gjorbjond@...> wrote:
        > With just the basic RSRD loaded, it won't save a wizard with the Spell
        > Mastery feat. You can add the feat just fine, but it gives you an
        > error message when you try to save it. I first noticed this when
        > working with a character that uses the CMP datasets, then tested it
        > with a new wizard using the RSRD.

        Hm.. I don't remember that in the Stable, but we've been doing major
        refactoring in the latest alphas...

        > P.S. Is this the right place to report alpha bugs?

        Totally. :) Mentioning the release was good. The other thing we like
        to know in a bug report is which Java version it was tested on. What
        error message did it give you when you tried to save?

        PCGen LST Chimp
      • gjorbjond
        Message 3 of 7 , Dec 4, 2006
          The Java version is 1.5.0_09. The error message that popped up is
          "Could not save New1". There were no error messages in the cmd.exe
          window.

          All I did was load up the complete RSRD, create a 1st level wizard,
          pick the Spell Mastery feat selecting a few cantrips, then try to save it.

          > Totally. :) Mentioning the release was good. The other thing we like
          > to know in a bug report is which Java version it was tested on. What
          > error message did it give you when you tried to save?
        • Andriy Sen
          Message 4 of 7 , Dec 4, 2006
            I actually had the same problem with custom class.
            I was creating prestige class by modifying cleric and accidentally left
            the class line with SPELLSTAT, SPELLBONUSSTAT, etc.
            After adding level of that class I had the same error messsage
            "Could not save ..." and .pcg file becomes empty.

            Thanks,
            Andriy

            Message 5 of 7 , Dec 4, 2006
              That sounds like a different issue, and I think we could use some
              better error reporting.

              TMs, can we get a Bug tracker for the CHOOSE from Spell Mastery, and a
              FReq for better error reporting on errors when saving. I don't know
              how much better the report can become, but it is worth trying. :)

              On 12/4/06, Andriy Sen <apsen@...> wrote:
              > I actually had the same problem with custom class.
              > I was creating prestige class by modifying cleric and accidentally left
              > the class line with SPELLSTAT, SPELLBONUSSTAT, etc.
              > After adding level of that class I had the same error messsage
              > "Could not save ..." and .pcg file becomes empty.
              >
              > Thanks,
              > Andriy

              PCGen LST Chimp
            • James Dempsey
              Message 6 of 7 , Dec 4, 2006
                Hi,

                Here's the stack trace, produced *after * you close the dialog :(

                Could not save New1
                java.lang.NullPointerException
                at java.util.StringTokenizer.<init>(Unknown Source)
                at pcgen.io.EntityEncoder.encode(EntityEncoder.java:143)
                at pcgen.io.PCGVer2Creator.appendFeatLines(PCGVer2Creator.java:1329)
                at pcgen.io.PCGVer2Creator.createPCGString(PCGVer2Creator.java:271)
                at pcgen.io.PCGIOHandler.write(PCGIOHandler.java:313)

                So it looks like something expected in the feat isn't set for spell mastery.

                Cheers,
                James Dempsey
                PCGen Code SB

                Message 7 of 7 , Dec 4, 2006