my dataset question

  • astrocat01
    Message 1 of 3 , Dec 3, 2006
      In my own dataset I am making a replacement entry for the familiar's.
      It is going to replace some of:

      phb_d20_fantasy_v35e_companionmod.lst

      I am finding that it is using the data from
      phb_d20_fantasy_v35e_companionmod.lst and adding it to my own
      my_companionmods.lst instead of replacing it.

      I am adding:

      MASTERBONUSRACE:Weasel
      TYPE:Familiar
      BONUS:CHECKS|Reflex|2
      VFEAT:Alertness

      and phb_d20_fantasy_v35e_companionmod.lst has:
      MASTERBONUSRACE:Weasel
      TYPE:Familiar
      BONUS:CHECKS|BASE.Reflex|2

      On my character it is giving me a base+2 AND misc+2.

      What I want is my file to overide the original and just add the
      misc+2.

      Any help? Thanks!
    • Frank Kliewe
      Message 2 of 3 , Dec 4, 2006
        On 12/4/06, astrocat01 <astrocat@...> wrote:

        > In my own dataset I am making a replacement entry for the familiar's.
        > It is going to replace some of:
        >
        > phb_d20_fantasy_v35e_companionmod.lst
        >
        > I am finding that it is using the data from
        > phb_d20_fantasy_v35e_companionmod.lst and adding it to my own
        > my_companionmods.lst instead of replacing it.
        >
        > I am adding:
        >
        > MASTERBONUSRACE:Weasel
        > TYPE:Familiar
        > BONUS:CHECKS|Reflex|2
        > VFEAT:Alertness
        >
        > and phb_d20_fantasy_v35e_companionmod.lst has:
        > MASTERBONUSRACE:Weasel
        > TYPE:Familiar
        > BONUS:CHECKS|BASE.Reflex|2
        >
        > On my character it is giving me a base+2 AND misc+2.
        >
        > What I want is my file to overide the original and just add the
        > misc+2.
        >
        > Any help? Thanks!

        a) Your reference to phb_d20_fantasy_v35e_companionmod.lst shows me
        that you are talking about a CMP dataset. Please do not post excerpts
        from their datasets here, as they are most likely not open content.

        b) If you want to do modifications for a CMP dataset, you will be
        getting better response about those by posting on the CMP forums, as
        many here do not know their datasets.

        c) If you want to ask us about LST file coding, please do so at
        http://tech.groups.yahoo.com/group/PCGenListFileHelp/ In that case
        please remember to not use closed content names, but instead refere to
        those elements in a more generic way.

        d) Generally to get rid of a BONUS you have to counter it with a
        negative version of itself, like BONUS:CHECKS|BASE.Reflex|-2. That
        should only leave the misc bonus in.

        Cheerio,

        Frank Kliewe
        PCGen Content Silverback

        --
        ['POSSIBLE RESPONSE: YES/NO; OR WHAT?; GO AWAY; PLEASE COME BACK
        LATER; F*** YOU, A******; F*** YOU']
        Message 3 of 3 , Dec 4, 2006
          Understood, thanks for the help. I am now directing my efforts over
          at the CMP forums. There are a lot of issues I am having with their
          datasets and I have come to realize this is not the correct place for
          help with their sets. Thanks again.