Re: [pcgen] 5.10.1 [BUG] Prepared Spell lists

  • James Dempsey
    Message 1 of 5 , Dec 3, 2006
      Hi Barak,

      On 04/12/06, barak@... <barak@...> wrote:
      > Found a bug...
      >
      > If you use the "Prepared Spells" list that is defaulted under the
      > Prepared Spells tab, it limits your spells appropriately.
      >
      > However, if you create a new spell list ("Wilderness Spells"), it
      > appearrs to have no limits on it whatsoever. Since it's under the
      > Prepared Spells tab I would think it would also be limited.
      >
      > I created a wizard and the aforementioned "Wilderness Spells" spell
      > list and added every zero level spell he had to it... I believe it
      > should have limited him to 3.

      I just tried to reproduce this but could not. My wilderness list stops
      me from adding more than 3 level 0 spells. What shows in the Spell
      Info section when you select the list? Also, was the "Allow use of
      higher level spells" option at the bottom of the left hand list
      checked?

      > PS:Is there a way to set the active prepared spell list so that only
      > it prints out? If not, consider this a FREQ for such functionality. :)

      Sounds like a useful FREQ to me, but it isn't something that is done currently.

      James Dempsey
      PCGen Code SB
    • barak@hughes.net
      Message 2 of 5 , Dec 3, 2006
        > Also, was the "Allow use of higher level spells" option at the bottom
        of the left hand list
        > checked?

        That was it.... Somehow it got checked and my window was set small
        enough that it wasn't showing. When I first read your reply I was
        wondering what checkbox you were talking about... :p

        So, that's solved.

        One oditiy I noticed/suggestion I have since I played around with it
        after you pointed it out, if I have that option checked and use up all
        my spell slot it still gives the message that "you can only have x
        spells for y level"... maybe it should be changed to a more generic
        "you have used up all available spell slots of this and higher levels"
        when that check box is checked?

        > > PS:Is there a way to set the active prepared spell list so that
        only
        > > it prints out? If not, consider this a FREQ for such
        functionality. :)

        > Sounds like a useful FREQ to me, but it isn't something that is done
        currently.

        I haven't managed to play much with 5.10.1 much yet other than getting
        CMP datasets to load, so I wasn't sure how the new spell stuff got
        output. :p

        Barak
      • Tir Gwaith
        Message 3 of 5 , Dec 4, 2006
          > > PS:Is there a way to set the active prepared spell list so that only
          > > it prints out? If not, consider this a FREQ for such functionality. :)
          > >

          > Sounds like a useful FREQ to me, but it isn't something that is done currently.

          I like this idea, too. :) TMs, please do us the honor of openning a
          FReq for this.

          PCGen LST Chimp
          Message 4 of 5 , Dec 4, 2006
            https://sourceforge.net/tracker/index.php?func=detail&aid=1608801&group_id=25576&atid=750092