Re: New help... Wizard's familiar?

  • astrocat01
    Message 1 of 12 , Dec 2, 2006
      Understood, I'll keep letting them know over at their forums. Thanks.

      > Dude, they have a completely separately maintained dataset tree.
      >
      > We have the advantage of Code Monkeys and Data Monkeys working
      > together at the same time in alpha development to get all the
      changes
      > included. Since they use the Stable for releases, they have to play
      > 'catch up'.
      >
      > Let them know what you need (on _their_ forums) and they can get
      > things included and fixed. If they don't get feedback, they won't
      be
      > able to do anything. _Please_ let them know where they maintain it.
      > They shouldn't have to follow our open source lists to watch for
      > issues in their sets.
      >
      > On 12/2/06, astrocat01 <astrocat@...> wrote:
      > > This is nuts ... fixed it :) and I fixed the MISC saving throw
      thing
      > > as well. Sheesh, I like that I can figure out how to fix all of
      this
      > > stuff, but why are the CMP data sets missing stuff is what I'm
      > > worried about. Thanks for listening and the help! :)
      >
      > --
      > Tir Gwaith
      > PCGen LST Chimp

    • Terry FitzSimons
      Message 2 of 12 , Dec 3, 2006
        On Sat, 02 Dec 2006 15:20:26 -0000, "astrocat01" <astrocat@...>
        wrote:

        >This is nuts ... fixed it :) and I fixed the MISC saving throw thing
        >as well. Sheesh, I like that I can figure out how to fix all of this
        >stuff, but why are the CMP data sets missing stuff is what I'm
        >worried about. Thanks for listening and the help! :)

        Which is why I started transferring CMP's datasets over to PcGen's Core
        products, it was less of a headachy in the long run. I think that the CMP
        conversion from previous versions to the new stable just wasn't fully
        carried out.

        Terry
      • barak@hughes.net
        Message 3 of 12 , Dec 3, 2006
          astrocat sez:
          >stuff, but why are the CMP data sets missing stuff is what I'm
          >worried about. Thanks for listening and the help! :)

          They're not missing stuff... they follow the rules.

          Alertness is granted only when your familiar is within arms reach, so
          it should NOT be applied on a constant basis (and is not in CMP sets,
          nor will it ever be). Where the Open Source team is free to do as they
          wish with the OGL material, CMP *must* follow the rules set out by WotC
          due to the contract/license (yes, even thought the contract was not
          renewed, for the next two years we are operating under the last version
          in effect in regards to content, etc.).

          terry sez:
          -- I think that the CMP conversion from previous versions to the new
          stable
          -- just wasn't fully carried out.

          Depends on what you mean by "fully carried out" and "conversion"...
          all datasets load and work in 5.10.1, which means they were all
          converted.

          Do they take advantage of all the new capabilities? No. Will they
          eventually? Yes. But it will take time. Why? Becasue CMP has 150+
          datasets and fewer data workers than the Open Source team (who have far
          fewer datasets to work with).

          So, be patient and ask for things you'd like to see the CMP datasets
          doing on their forums. Since I have a small bit to do with that stuff,
          I'll tell you now that we'll hit stuff that people ask for first. :)

          Barak