Re: [pcgen] Re: All kinds of spells problems, any help ... ?

  • Tir Gwaith
    Message 1 of 11 , Dec 1, 2006
      On 12/1/06, astrocat01 <astrocat@...> wrote:
      > I asked over at CodeMonkeys and it seems some code is missing from
      > their data sets. So, basically currently the CodeMonkey's version
      > doesn't do spell books at all. I think they are going to update, but
      > I don't know for sure.

      Kewl. They'll get it updated. May take a couple weeks.

      PCGen LST Chimp
    • James Dempsey
      Message 2 of 11 , Dec 1, 2006

        On 2/12/2006 9:25 AM astrocat01 wrote
        > I asked over at CodeMonkeys and it seems some code is missing from
        > their data sets. So, basically currently the CodeMonkey's version
        > doesn't do spell books at all. I think they are going to update, but
        > I don't know for sure.

        You can make this change yourself if you like. The usual warnings about
        making sure you have backups and using a text editor like notepad,
        textpad etc rather than word or wordpad apply of course. :)

        To change a normal 3.5 spellbook to appear on the spellbook tab and have
        pages handled etc, edit the entry for the spellbook equipment item and add
        .Spellbook

        to the TYPE entry for the spellbook and then at the end of the line add
        [tab]NUMPAGES:100[tab]PAGEUSAGE:max(SPELLLEVEL,1)

        replacing the [tab] text with the tab character (PCGen uses this to
        separate fields).

        Now when you equip the spellbook, you can add spells to it from the
        spells tab and it will track how many pages have been used etc.

        James Dempsey
        PCGen Code SB
      • astrocat01
        Message 3 of 11 , Dec 2, 2006